CMC Markets is looking for a qualified accountant on a 6-month FTC basis to assist with all group accounting activities.
Your role is to ensure strong financial governance and control as well as thorough production of timely and relevant financial reports and analysis to support the countries in which CMC operates.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensure strong financial governance and control as well as thorough production of timely and relevant financial reports and analysis to support the countries in which CMC operates.
- Run month end consolidation process
- Prepare end of year statutory accounts for Group and Holding companies and assist with auditors' queries and deliverables
- Responsible for the control of inter-company reconciliations across the group
- Review the balance sheets of various entities across the Group and ensure accurate and up-to-date balance sheet reconciliations are produced and maintained
- Work on understanding and recording complex transactions and reconciliations including FX hedge transactions, short term Debt investments
- Implement and adhere to internal control procedures within Finance Department
- Adhere to internal and external financial reporting and tax deadlines
- Prepare internal month end reports for different teams across the business
- Keeping up to date with accounting standards (IFRS) and ensuring compliance across group
- Maintain personal/professional development to meet the changing demands of the role, including all relevant regulatory and legislative training
- When dealing with all customers, clients or colleagues ensure that we provide a clear, fair and consistent high-quality service that presents a professional and positive image of CMC Markets
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality
- Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Newly qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with proven working experience in Group accounting
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills and the confidence to question
- Attention to detail is critical
- Proactive and open to change
- Financial services experience preferable
- Technical accounting knowledge
- Business acumen
- Resilience and drive
- Team player who works with others to get results
- Establish and maintain key relationships
- Integrity and confidentiality
CMC Markets is powered by our people. We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, where our people feel confident to be themselves, feel valued and are able to do their best work. We don't just value differences and unique perspectives, we seek them out and we invite them in, because we know it will lead to better outcomes for everyone.