00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:
February 8, 2024
Consultant, Record-to-Report Finance (Individual Contributor Role) Location:
The Coca-Cola Company is a 135+ years old total beverage company, offering over 500 brands in more than 200 countries and territories. We're constantly transforming our portfolio, from reducing sugar in our drinks to bringing innovative new products to market. We're also working to reduce our environmental impact by replenishing water and promoting recycling. With our bottling partners, we employ more than 700,000 people, helping bring economic opportunity to local communities worldwide.
Learn more at Coca-Cola Journey at www.coca-colacompany.com.
The Consultant, Record-to-Report (RTR) Finance is responsible for supporting the accurate and timely recording, reconciling, and reporting of financial transactions. They assist in maintaining financial records, preparing reports, and ensuring compliance with accounting standards and internal controls.
The role covers all Costa legal entities and operating units.
The role will report to one of the RTR Finance Managers.
What you'll do for us
Financial Transactions Recording:
- Record daily financial transactions into the organization's accounting software or ERP system.
- Ensure accurate coding of transactions and adherence to established accounting policies.
Month-End and Year-End Closing:
- Support the month-end and year-end closing processes, including journal entries and reconciliations for the areas of focus under your control.
- Help ensure all financial transactions are properly recorded and documented.
- Prepare reconciliations of key accounts, such as Accruals, Pre-Payments and other control items including areas as diverse as intercompany and tax.
- Identify and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Prepare and review financial reports as part of the close process with the aim of being able to review results, identify potential issues/errors and make appropriate judgements and changes to support the delivery of accurate results.
- Ensure that financial reports are accurate and comply with accounting standards.
Compliance and Regulatory Reporting:
- Assist in ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards (e.g., GAAP, IFRS) and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the coordination of internal and external audits by preparing necessary documentation and responding to audit inquiries.
- Follow established internal control procedures and assist in monitoring compliance.
- Help identify and implement improvements to internal controls.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial data within the organization's financial systems.
- Process Improvement:
- Provide support for process improvements and automation initiatives to enhance efficiency and accuracy within the RTR function.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A degree or previous experience in a financial or accounting role, studying for a recognized accounting qualification e.g. ACCA/CIMA/ICAEW or local equivalent.
- Previous experience in financial reporting, accounting, or auditing, with a strong background in financial analysis and compliance.
- Understanding of core accounting processes and standards to ensure general ledger management is compliant with local reporting requirements and tax compliance requirements.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with proficiency in excel and data analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and financial software.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, seeking to understand processes.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and technology.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
What We Can Do For You
You will be part of the Finance Hub team where teams are the new heroes and our leaders are expected to be role models, set the agenda and help people bring their best. We are delivering against our global purpose, of refreshing the world and making a difference.
- Career growth and development: Leveraging our boundaryless network, we provide access to educational platforms and provide coaching, mentoring and feedback, as a part of our Leadership & Development process.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs. We want to make our culture inevitable.
- International Experience: Become part of international projects and work along multicultural teams, through our global network.
We want to build together with you the Finance Hub of the future.
As Platform Services Finance Hub, we do not follow a rigid location strategy, though we have assigned preferable locations for new roles based on business and compliance requirements. Candidates located outside these preferred areas are invited to apply and each application will be reviewed individually, based upon the requirements of the position and local compliance/regulatory guidelines.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what's possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors - curious, empowered, inclusive and agile - and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.