We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.
Seeking a qualified Finance professional with a can-do attitude who has prior experience operating as a Finance Business Partner within a FP&A team.
Financial responsibility for the Personal Injury and Property Businesses within the Claims UK Business Unit, reporting into the Director, Finance, Claims UK.
Full control of the Business P&Ls from a planning, control and reporting perspective.
Day to Day
- Manage the forecasting cycles for Personal Injury and Property including annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and mid-year plan (5-year cycle)
- Partner with Heads of Business and Sales teams across multiple offices to build robust, accurate forecast models for both revenue and expenses.
- Reporting monthly P&Ls to the Heads of Business and supporting them through strong Financial Management and Business Partnering
- Provide insightful reporting and commentary during month/quarter end at a local UK level (in GBP) as well as at a global level (in USD) for corporate Finance.
- Assist senior management with ad hoc financial analysis such as performance at a product/customer level, FTE analysis and sales pipeline reviews.
- Monthly payroll and FTE reviews working in tandem with our Corporate Finance and HR teams.
- Ability to analyse complex financial data, identify patterns and extract meaningful insights.
- Ability to interpret and explain financial data to a non-financial audience.
- Willingness to take ownership and being adaptable to change in a fast-paced global environment.
- Ability to think strategically, aligning financial plans to the company's strategic priorities offering insights and recommendations to help achieve long-term objectives.
- Ability to inspire confidence, exhibit a professional presence and to have the ability to lead and influence others.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills at all levels and ability to establish credibility with senior management.
- Ability to build strong working relationships and to collaborate with multiple cross functional teams, within an international environment, in a global matrix structure.
- Strong proficiency in Excel and other analytical tools
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (Business, Finance or related financial discipline preferred)
- Recently qualified accountant (up to 3 years post qualified) or relevant experience in a commercial Finance Business Partner role.
In 2022, Verisk received Great Place to Work Certification for our outstanding workplace culture for the sixth year in a row and second-time certification in the UK, Spain, and India. We're also one of the 38 companies on the UK's Best Workplaces list and one of 18 companies on Spain's Best Workplaces list.
For over fifty years and through innovation, interpretation, and professional insight, Verisk has replaced uncertainty with precision to unlock opportunities that deliver significant and demonstrable impact. From our historic roots in risk assessment, we've grown to provide analytic insights that help transform industries focused on some of the world's most critical areas. Today, the insurance industry relies on Verisk to be, and to make the world, more productive, resilient, and sustainable.
Verisk works in collaboration with our customers and at the intersection of people, data, and advanced technologies. Through proprietary platformed analytics, advanced modeling, and interpretation, we deliver immediate and sustained value to our customers and through them, to the individuals and societies they serve, with greater speed, precision, and scale. We're 9,000 people strong, committed to translating big data into big ideas. We help others see new possibilities and empower certainty into big decisions that impact individuals and societies. And we relentlessly and ethically pursue innovation to help move our customers, and the world, toward better tomorrows.
Everyone at Verisk-from our chief executive officer to our newest employee-is guided by The Verisk Way, to Be Remarkable, Add Value, and Innovate.
- Be Remarkable by doing something better each day in service to our customers and each other
- Add Value by delivering immediate and sustained results that drive positive outcomes
- Innovate by redefining what's possible, embracing challenges, and pushing boundaries
Underwriting Solutions - provides underwriting and rating solutions for auto and property, general liability, and excess and surplus to assess and price risk with speed and precision
Claims Solutions - supports end-to-end claims handling with analytic and automation tools that streamline workflow, improve claims management, and support better customer experiences
Property Estimating Solutions - offers property estimation software and tools for professionals in estimating all phases of building and repair to make day-to-day workflows the most efficient
Extreme Event Solutions - provides risk modeling solutions to help individuals, businesses, and society become more resilient to extreme events.
Specialty Business Solutions - provides an integrated suite of software for full end-to-end management of insurance and reinsurance business, helping companies manage their businesses through efficiency, flexibility, and data governance
Marketing Solutions - delivers data and insights to improve the reach, timing, relevance, and compliance of every consumer engagement
Life Insurance Solutions - offers end-to-end, data insight-driven core capabilities for carriers, distribution, and direct customers across the entire policy lifecycle of life and annuities for both individual and group.
Verisk Maplecroft - provides intelligence on sustainability, resilience, and ESG, helping people, business, and societies become stronger
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.