Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Tax Team!
- Interested in joining a growing department?
- Skilled in tax regulations and legislation across EMEA and APAC?
- Good at building relationships?
- Strategic and analytical in your approach?
Who are we?
Interactive Brokers (U.K.) Limited is part of the wider Interactive Brokers Group servicing over 2.5 million clients in more than 200 countries & territories. We are based in the heart of the City of London with over 120 employees of the wider 2900+ global headcount. Our innovative products allows our clients access to 150 global markets in as many as 26 currencies. Our mission is to create technology to provide liquidity on better terms. Compete on price, speed, size, diversity of global products and advanced trading tools. If you are looking for the opportunity to join an organization the desires to be at the forefront of technical innovation, please read on!
The Interactive Brokers Global Tax Team serves an important role in the success of our business. We mitigate risk and create value for our business and our customers. We partner with many functions across the company, including Accounting, Treasury, Technology, Customer Services and Marketing. Assisting our business in achieving our commitment to deliver value through technological innovation and providing our clients with unprecedented access to global markets at the lowest cost. The Global Tax Team sets the tax policy for the company, identifies, develops, implements, and manages tax strategies to help minimize our overall tax cost. We advise on the U.S. and international tax aspects of our product offerings to customers, manage tax audits, and ensure financial reporting and tax returns are filed timely and accurately.
We are looking for a tax expert who specializes in European and APAC tax matters to join our rapidly growing Global Tax Team as International Tax Director. As a senior member of the Global Tax team reporting directly to the Global Head of Tax, the person will have extensive interface with key tax personnel as well as non-tax business executives throughout the organisation. The person will advise the corporate tax team, customer tax team and our business partners with respect to a wide range of direct and indirect tax issues or questions from both corporate and customer perspectives, with a focus on tax laws outside the United States. The person will lead a team of tax professionals who are based outside the United States. A successful candidate will need to be a collaborative team player and is entrepreneurial, detail oriented, and an excellent communicator.
- Analyse international business activities, financing and commercial transactions, including identification and evaluation of alternatives and providing recommendation of solutions to senior management.
- Develop a solid understanding of IBKR's business and its product offerings.
- Partner with Customer Tax team to provide technical guidance on new product offerings, impact to customers and IBKR's reporting and withholding obligations.
- Manage, maintain and enhance processes and systems for VAT and other forms indirect tax compliance, financial transaction tax compliance, and develop planning to reduce indirect tax exposure.
- Maintain solid knowledge of existing and proposed rules, legislation, rulings, regulations and litigation for all of the countries outside the United States where IBKR operates.
- Monitor EU and APAC tax-related initiatives and other global tax landscape/legislative changes, such as BEPS, BEPS 2.0, public CBCR reporting, ESG and tax strategy disclosures and other initiatives that seek to enhance tax transparency and reporting by multinationals.
- Research European and APAC tax law, with a particular focus initially on Ireland, Switzerland and the United Kingdom, EU Tax Directives, Pillar Two OECD Inclusive Framework and expand for other relevant countries.
- Develop deep understanding of European and APAC tax planning on a multinational level, including on treasury and transfer pricing.
- Provide guidance to tax compliance team with regard to European and APAC tax filing requirements.
- Develop good understanding of U.S. tax implications to U.S.-headed multinationals.
- Monitor and counsel management on global transfer pricing policies and issues, design and implement transfer pricing strategies, assist in the preparation and maintenance of transfer pricing documentation.
- Manage and oversee tax audits in Europe and APAC regions.
- Work on special projects and administrative matters, including process development, building relationships with business units, and budget development and management.
- Assist with research, development and integration of new tax technologies, including tax data collection and automation.
- Support Internal Audit/Risk Reviews.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Significant experience at a senior level working in tax with a major, publicly held corporation and/or Big 4 public accounting firm or law firm in Europe.
- Advanced degree in Finance, Accounting or similar field; a law degree is strongly preferred but not required.
- Background in a broad range of international tax issues including inbound, outbound and local European tax issues, with a particular focus on Ireland.
- Background in international tax laws in Asia Pacific countries will be a plus.
- Basic understanding of U.S. tax regime that applies to U.S.-headed multinationals, including GILTI, Subpart F, foreign tax credits.
- Basic knowledge of Tax Accounting and in particular U.S. GAAP accounting (including ASC 740-10).
- Strong analytical skills and broad understanding of tax planning on a multinational level.
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong business communication skills with ability to effectively relate tax issues to non-tax personnel; strong consensus builder and team player.
- Strong Commercial and business awareness
20 Fenchurch St, London EC3M 8AF
9 am - 6 pm, Monday - Friday
- Career support and development.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Performance-based discretionary cash bonus scheme.
- Discretionary stock grant.
- Group Life Assurance cover.
- Group Income Protection.
- Occupation pension scheme based on Gross earnings.
- Hybrid working model.
- Above statutory annual leave, increasing with service.
- Daily company subsidised lunch and healthy snack options throughout the day (when working from the office).
- Access to Private Medical Insurance, Dental Plan and / or Health Cash Plan (including dependants). *
- Corporate events.
- Travel season ticket loans.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- On successful completion of the probation period.
Interactive Brokers is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to offering employees a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: IBKR) is a global financial services company headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA, with offices in over 15 countries. We have been at the forefront of financial innovation for over four decades, known for our cutting-edge technology and client commitment.
IBKR affiliates provide global electronic brokerage services around the clock on stocks, options, futures, currencies, bonds, and funds to clients in over 200 countries and territories. We serve individual investors and institutions, including financial advisors, hedge funds and introducing brokers. Our advanced technology, competitive pricing, and global market help our clients to make the most of their investments.
Barron's has recognized Interactive Brokers as the #1 online broker for six consecutive years. Join our dynamic, multi-national team and be a part of a company that simplifies and enhances financial opportunities using state-of-the-art technology.