The Operations Accounting Specialist will work with the Corporate Accounting team and will be responsible for a variety of tasks that help streamline internal processes, accounting procedures and controls impacting Borr Drilling's Global Accounting Organization.
- Provide support to the Corporate Accounting team to create and maintain uniform accounting policies, and monitor compliance throughout the organisation.
- Act as a point of contact for financial accounting queries raised by Regional Accounting teams.
- Provide coaching and guidance to Regional Accounting teams, to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Provide support to the wider Corporate-Accounting team, when required, including but not limited to the following tasks: statutory audit support, internal controls testing and documentation.
- Assist the Finance Director in the review and approval of non-recurring project expenses (AFE's) and track AFE expenditure versus budget, ensuring classification policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure capitalization criteria is met and depreciation policies are consistently followed across the group. Liaise where appropriate with Regional Accounting teams to ensure any adjustments required are made on a timely basis.
- Utilize Business Intelligence tools to monitor accounts receivable, accounts payable and other financial KPI metrics, and report findings to management.
- Assist the Finance Director to develop, scope and execute projects aimed at creating efficiencies and uniform reporting amongst the Regional and Corporate Accounting functions.
- Liaise with the Finance Director and other Functional Leaders where appropriate (for example Marketing, Supply Chain, Human Resources, Operations), to prepare financial analysis to support effective decision making.
- Prepare materials for inclusion in Executive Management and Board of Directors meetings.
- Maintain accurate files and documentation in accordance with company policy.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and other tasks as required.
- Understand Borr's vision and apply the company values in all business activities.
- Primarily communicates and collaborates internally with the Corporate Accounting and Finance teams which includes the Chief Accounting Officer, Finance Director, Corporate Controller and External Reporting Senior Manager and as well as regional accounting team members across the organisation.
- Routine communication with regional accounting teams, and other departments including Operations, Marketing, Treasury, Tax, Human Resources and Supply Chain
- This is an office-based role
- No extensive travel is required, however may involve limited travel to regional offices.
Qualifications and Experience
- College degree/Diploma (Accounting and/or finance degree required), CA/ACCA/CPA/CIMA/CMA qualifications preferred
- Prior experience from a large accounting or audit firm
- Advanced knowledge of financial accounting; US GAAP knowledge preferred
- Enthusiastic team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong self-starter with the ability to self-motivate and work well independently
- Ability to perform well under pressure and adhering to tight deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to interact with all departments and levels of management