Sabre is a technology company that powers the global travel industry. By leveraging next-generation technology, we create global technology solutions that take on the biggest opportunities and solve the most complex challenges in travel.
Positioned at the center of the travel, we shape the future by offering innovative advancements that pave the way for a more connected and seamless ecosystem as we power mobile apps, online travel sites, airline and hotel reservation networks, travel agent terminals, and scores of other solutions.
Simply put, we connect people with moments that matter.
The Sabre EMEA tax team has responsibility for tax provision, compliance, and controversy in some 35 countries across the EMEA region. The team is led by the Senior Director of Global Tax in Southlake, Texas, USA. The EMEA tax team includes the EMEA Tax Manager, Senior Indirect Tax Manager and 2 tax accountants.
Role and Responsibilities
- Operating the corporate income tax compliance process by supporting and enabling the provision of information to our external advisers (KPMG) in the UK, Mainland Europe, Nordics, Middle East and South Africa, working in partnership with the EMEA accounting team and reviewing the tax returns prepared by the external advisers.
- Managing the corporate tax payment process for EMEA entities and supporting cash tax forecasting and reporting.
- Supporting the review of quarterly US GAAP tax provision reporting for the EMEA entities, prepared by external adviser (Deloitte), including current and deferred taxes, proof of tax payables, return-to-provision, and uncertain tax positions (ASC 740-10, formerly FIN 48).
- Assisting with tax controversies - working with local teams and tax advisers, dealing with communications and minimizing further queries.
- Supporting the preparation and review of local accounts tax disclosures.
- Supporting cross border tax issues such as transfer pricing (including support and validation of transfer pricing policies in EMEA region), treaty clearances and withholding taxes.
- Supporting local and regional tax projects as assigned by the EMEA Tax Manager.
What will you achieve?
- Becoming a valued member of the Finance EMEA team, where your tax expertise will be a resource to many areas of the business, especially the EMEA accounting team.
- Drive improvements in EMEA tax processes to make them more efficient and controlled, creating capacity to be more involved in tax advisory activities.
- Delivering corporate tax compliance across the EMEA region through partnering with external tax provider (KPMG).
What's in it for you?
- Excellent opportunity to develop tax experience and apply tax skills in the fast-moving technology industry.
- Opportunity to build tax expertise in EMEA countries, by working closely with a Big 4 tax providers (KPMG and Deloitte).
- Satisfaction from delivering corporate income tax provision and compliance for Sabre companies across the region.
- Recognition from colleagues for your tax insight and support.
- Developing skills by supporting tax controversies and working on regional tax projects
- Influencing automation projects and digital reporting as Sabre delivers SAP upgrades and prepares for enhanced electronic reporting requirements.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Must Have Skills:
- Chartered accountant (ACA), Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) or equivalent.
- 3 or more years post-qualified experience (PQE) in taxes.
- Fluent in English, additional languages welcome.
- Can multitask and prioritise effectively to meet deadlines, with attention to detail.
- Can build relationships and trust within the organisation with tax, accounting, legal and business colleagues.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate tax issues to non-tax people.
- Excellent software skills, especially Excel.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Big 4 tax experience.
- Experience in UK and/or international taxes either in practice or in-house.
- Experience with HFM Smartview and SAP.
- Experience with OneSource Tax Provision.
Why is it worth working with us?
Flexible work arrangement
- Profit from working in the office or hybrid mode
- Flexible working hours: maintain your work-life balance by adjusting your working hours to your needs
Paid time off
- Year-End-Break: All Sabre locations will be closed from December 26 to 31
- Floating Holidays: use additional up to 2 days of paid time-off benefit
- Paid volunteer time: take up to 4 days annually to give your time to a charitable organization of your choice
- Take up to 12 weeks off with pay after birth or adoption of a child. Sabre Global Paid Parental Leave runs concurrently with local leave policies.
- Professional development: enjoy access to Udemy learning platform as well as join Sabre live learning sessions
- GCP learning and certification: learn and get certified during instructor-led training, online learning with Coursera, and test sandbox environments with QwikLabs
- Certification and tuition reimbursement
- Our Communities: join one of our team member groups focused on sharing knowledge and best practices
We will give careful consideration to your application and review your details against the position criteria. You will receive separate notification as we progress your application.
Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will proceed in the selection process.