Apollo is seeking a Director to join their expanding London-based Product Management team as part of Client & Product Solutions. The Director will work across asset classes, with a specific focus on registered products. Product coverage will focus on both Apollo's international funds and platforms as well as the firm's European teams and investment activities working on behalf of global funds.
The Director will have exposure to Apollo products across a variety of strategies and asset types, including Real Assets, Credit, and Private Equity. The Director will assist in coordinating new product launches, facilitate material and content required by either funds or prospective investors, support the growth of various product lines, manage active fundraise processes and work with internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate new product launches for EMEA, including strategic planning and marketing materials development
- Managing all aspects of active fundraises within their purview
- Execute on client requests for the purpose of eventual closing of allocations as well as ongoing client management activities
- Create client servicing/reporting materials for existing investors
- Provide intelligence on investor sentiment and competitive landscape (both asset class and regional)
- Prepare and facilitate regular portfolio and market updates to existing investors
- Proactively build relationships through appropriate follow-up, gaining a thorough understanding of investors' internal approval processes and how allocations fit in the context of their overall portfolios
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years of prior experience, preferably within an alternative asset management firm, investment bank, private bank, or investment consulting firm
- Track record of success in a portfolio management, business development, or product role
- Deep understanding of the alternative asset management marketplace, including Global Wealth products, and competitors
- Previous experience working on registered or open ended/semi-liquid products, with an understanding of the structures and reporting requirements
- Strong ability to multi-task and pivot between internal facing and external facing responsibilities at various periods of time
- Robust analytical capabilities to drive product expertise in relevant strategies
- Attention to detail with high quality written and verbal communication skills
- Personable, organized, and proactive/self-starter with a positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills to support communication with internal constituents who are often in other offices/time zones
- Excels in a rigorous and fast-paced work environment
Apollo is a high-growth, global alternative asset manager. In our asset management business, we seek to provide our clients excess return at every point along the risk-reward spectrum from investment grade to private equity with a focus on three investing strategies: yield, hybrid, and equity. For more than three decades, our investing expertise across our fully integrated platform has served the financial return needs of our clients and provided businesses with innovative capital solutions for growth. Through Athene, our retirement services business, we specialize in helping clients achieve financial security by providing a suite of retirement savings products and acting as a solutions provider to institutions. Our patient, creative, and knowledgeable approach to investing aligns our clients, businesses we invest in, our employees, and the communities we impact, to expand opportunity and achieve positive outcomes.
Come to Apollo and join a community of extraordinary people who are committed to a culture of excellence and collaboration in everything that we do. We invest in our people for the long term and are committed to supporting their development at every stage of their career.
Apollo provides equal employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, veteran status, sex or sexual orientation, or any other criterion or circumstance protected by applicable law, ordinance, or regulation. The above criteria are intended to be used as a guide only - candidates who do not meet all the above criteria may still be considered if they are deemed to have relevant experience/ equivalent levels of skill or knowledge to fulfil the requirements of the roe. Roles are conditional upon and subject to satisfactory reference and background screening checks, as well as all necessary corporate and regulatory approvals or certifications as required from time to time.