We're the world's leading data, insights, and consulting company; we shape the brands of tomorrow by better understanding people everywhere.
Our Functions teams are right at the centre of our business, making sure we can always get better, every day. Supporting the business with things like Marketing, Human Resources, Finance, Legal and Technology, our Functions colleagues are skilled professionals whose role it is to ensure we continue to become an indispensable partner to brands everywhere.
Why this job is important
Kantar is inviting applications for the position of Group Accountant to join our dynamic finance team. As a Group Accountant, you will be at the heart of our financial operations, playing a crucial role in supporting the consolidation and external reporting requirements of the Kantar Group. In this pivotal role, you will report directly to the Group Reporting Manager, contributing significantly to the success of Kantar Group's financial strategies.
What you'll be doing
Monthly Consolidation Support:
- Ensure the accurate, efficient, and timely reporting of group results.
- Collaborate with business units to track and enforce adherence to timetables.
External Financial Reporting:
- Support periodic (monthly, quarterly, and annual) external financial reporting processes.
- Produce annual statutory accounts and reports for private equity owners, minority investors, and lenders.
Balance Reconciliation and Reporting:
- Reconcile key balances and prepare supporting schedules for comprehensive group reporting.
- Conduct periodic analytical reviews of consolidated Group income statements, balance sheets, and cash flows.
Subsidiary Financial Oversight:
- Monitor the status of subsidiary financial statements and returns across the Kantar Group.
- Facilitate smooth external and internal audit processes.
- Implement audit findings and recommendations effectively.
- Play a key role in the implementation and embedding of OneStream.
- Contribute to the development of new policies, processes, and controls.
- Provide expert support on accounting policy and other technical accounting matters.
- Lead or support ad hoc Group Finance projects as needed.
- Ensure continuous technical competence and stay updated on industry trends.
- Champion Kantar's core values by consistently applying company policies and fostering appropriate behaviors.
- Proactively develop professional skills through Continued Professional Development and practical experience.
The skills & experience needed as Group Accountant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Membership in a professional body such as CIMA, ACCA, ACA, OROC, OCC, or equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge of IFRS.
- Direct experience in group accounting, with a focus on complex, large-scale, multi-currency consolidations.
- Proficiency in Excel and group consolidation finance systems.
- Process-oriented and methodical, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects to a high standard within deadlines.
- Confident verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships across different levels and geographies.
- Strong team player, capable of seamless and effective collaboration with colleagues.
What's in it for you
- Flexible hybrid working
- Competitive salary + bonus
- 25 days holiday, 2 days paid for volunteering and 5 days for life event leave
- Private medical cover
Why join Kantar?
We shape the brands of tomorrow by better understanding people everywhere. By understanding people, we can understand what drives their decisions, actions, and aspirations on a global scale. And by amplifying our in-depth expertise of human understanding alongside ground-breaking technology, we can help brands find concrete insights that will help them succeed in our fast-paced, ever shifting world.
And because we know people, we like to make sure our own people are being looked after as well. Equality of opportunity for everyone is our highest priority and we support our colleagues to work in a way that supports their health and wellbeing. While we encourage teams to spend part of their working week in the office, we understand no one size fits all; our approach is flexible to ensure everybody feels included, accepted, and that we can win together. We're dedicated to creating an inclusive culture and value the diversity of our people, clients, suppliers and communities, and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and sections of society. Even if you feel like you're not an exact match, we'd love to receive your application and talk to you about this job or others at Kantar.