Global Financial Crime: Client Risk Unit - Enhanced Due Diligence - Vice President
In Global Financial Crimes (GFC), you will play a critical role in identifying potentially suspicious activity, protecting vulnerable individuals, and safeguarding the integrity of the financial system. GFC coordinates day-to-day implementation of the Firm's financial crime prevention efforts. Including governance, oversight, and execution of the Firm's Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Sanctions, Anti-Corruption and Government and Political Activities Compliance programs.If you are passionate about financial crimes prevention, seeking a rewarding and dynamic career, and focused on making a difference, then GFC might be the right team for you.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. We can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
What will you be doing?
The Client Risk Unit is responsible for evaluating client relationships that pose the highest financial crimes risk, while also serving as a check and challenge over the first line's execution of enhanced due diligence. As a Client Risk Unit Vice President in GFC, you will:
• Review enhanced due diligence for both new and existing higher risk clients including analyzing corporate structures and other documentation as necessary
• Analyse and escalate financial crimes negative news as necessary
• Determine and provide guidance on the appropriate client risk ranking
• Review of client accounts for potential matches to designated sanctions targets and prohibited persons lists
• Engage various third-party and internal databases to assist with due diligence searches as needed
• Develop an understanding of anti-money laundering regulations, policies, and procedures
• Provides guidance on policy and procedures to various stakeholders
• Conduct trainings to various stakeholders
What we're looking for:
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, attention to detail and strong time management skills
• Ability to interact in a mature and professional manner with a variety of individuals
• General knowledge of investing and markets and the ability to research or must evidence the ability to learn and adapt quickly
• Excellent judgment, initiative, and adherence to deadlines
• Ability to interact with branch office and business unit personnel and be willing to receive and applyfeedback on work product from supervisor(s)
• Fluent in Spanish or Portuguese desired but not required
• Certification as an Anti-Money Laundering Specialist by ACAMS or equivalent AML certification/license or certification within first 15 months of employment
Certified Persons Regulatory Requirements:
This role is deemed as a Certified role and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
Where will you be working?
This role will require in office attendance 3 days/week. Two of those days will be Anchor Days where you will be in the office with your teammates to learn, grow, and collaborate in person.
Flexible work statement:
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Internal mobility can be a way to grow your career and realize your professional potential. Typically, you must be in your position for at least 18 months and performing satisfactorily before applying for another job at the Firm. Internal applicants can find out more regarding career navigation, mobility guidelines and policy on our employee portal by clickinghere.
Equal opportunities statement:
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Title: Global Financial Crime: Client Risk Unit - EDD Advisory - VP
Europe, Middle East, Africa-GBR-GBR-Glasgow
Requisition ID: 3242247