Job Role: Audit and Accounting Trainer & Consultant
UK remote working with UK travel
Competitive plus benefitsWhy do we want you?
You are an audit manager, assistant audit manager or financial reporting manager
in a professional services firm or Technical Trainer
within the profession and you are looking to use your technical and professional skills to train and support others across the industry.
You have a passion for learning and a thorough understanding of the accountancy profession.A bit about us.Wilmington plc
is a company with a difference. Our core purpose is helping our customers to do the right business in the right way. Over the years we’ve grown by acquisition developing a portfolio of businesses who provide GRC and regulatory compliance solutions to enterprise customers and professionals across the globe. Mercia Group
is one of them!Mercia Group
is one of the leading providers of training and support services to the UK accountancy profession, working with over 8000 firms nationwide.
In this role you will be using your expertise to design and deliver high quality technical workshops or training programmes for our clients.
We are looking for people who have a passion for audit and financial reporting and want to share that with others, helping our clients to support their teams in achieving the highest possible standards.
If you have a passion for sharing your knowledge, a thirst for learning and a good understanding of in the accounting profession, and you'd like to find out more, why not submit an application and one of the team will get in touch with you as soon as possible.We always support colleagues to develop their skills but to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to tick most of these boxes...
We know it’s not a skill, but the successful candidate must have permission to work in the role’s location by the start of their employment.
The skills required:
- Professionally qualified to ACA standard or equivalent.
- Excellent technical knowledge in the field of audit and financial reporting and compliance regulation, an ability to grasp changes and have the required skill to translate knowledge into written and verbal practical guidance to meet the needs of accountancy practitioners.
- The ability to undertake a high degree of research to stay abreast of the changing regulations.
- Excellent commercial awareness of the UK accounting profession.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in a clear and practical way to a range of client firms and situations. experience in / passion for training in this field.
- A high degree of organisational and project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and above average competency with the English Language to take on complex writing assignments. Must be able to effectively liaise with clients, staff and external parties.
- Organised self-starter, able to work without direct supervision.
- Desire to understand the overall Mercia strategy and ability to align themselves to that strategy.
- Desire to always learn and remain technically up to date.
- Desire to work with firms to help them find practical solutions.
- A team player. Always happy to help and support colleagues and go the extra mile.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Confident and competent presenter
You thrive on developing others and naturally build strong relationships through your sociability and empathetic nature. You are a strong verbal communicator with the ability to adopt critical thinking when needed.Find what you’re looking for
Our people sought out empowerment and opportunity. And they found both here. You’ll find what you’re looking for too. Our values help us achieve our goals - whether they’re personal, professional or those of our client. We believe in inclusivity and collaboration; we stay curious and ambitious and champion innovation. Here, colleagues are trusted partners who act with integrity. We are brave and passionate. Courageous and creative. We are Wilmington PLC. Are you? Join us and achieve more within your career with mutual respect, support and fair rewards.What we’ll give you
When you join us, you’ll be able to utilise hybrid working, and receive benefits that include a performance-related bonus, pension, life assurance, additional holiday purchase, healthcare, subsidised gym memberships, cycle to work scheme, discount vouchers and access to wellbeing resources.Bring what makes you unique
We value diversity and embrace the unique experiences, knowledge, and perspectives that drive innovation and creativity throughout Wilmington PLC. Our goal is to build a positive culture that showcases individuality and supports everyone, including those with disabilities. Let us know, and reasonable accommodations and adjustments will be made to support you and ensure equal access to opportunities and a fair application process.
Our compliance training and support services ensure efficiency for accountants. Join us, and you’ll immerse yourself in a business full of opportunity and make a tangible impact in our sector. There’s a career for you here at Mercia. Apply now.The Legal Bit!
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this role. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
*Please note that this role may remain advertised until an offer of employment has been made.