At Plum, we're on a mission to maximize wealth for all. We're making saving money effortless and turning investing into something everyone can do. Our journey began back in 2017, when we became one of the first to use artificial intelligence and automation to simplify personal finance. Fast forward to today, and we've already helped people save £2 billion across 10 European markets.
Named the UK's fastest-growing fintech in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50, our success is down to the passion and dedication of our diverse team. Based in our London, Athens and Nicosia offices, 170 talented people work together to empower people to do more with their money. And now, the team is growing!
The Team & The Role
As a Finance Business Partner you will be part of our Finance Team and work directly with the FP&A Lead, as well as working closely with the Head of Financial Accounting and VP Finance, to make sure Plum is in good financial health and well prepared for scale!
Typical areas of focus will include: month end management reporting, budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis and business case modelling. The role will fit someone who is hands on, analytical and curious about how to build a business sustainably.
What You Will Do
- You will initially support across all FP&A areas, before specializing as the team grows.
- Create and update financial models to provide a clear picture of future financial performance and support the group strategy;
- Lead the month end process, including investor and partner reporting, quarterly board reporting and analyzing key risks and opportunities;
- Build and maintain departmental cost budgets, analyze performance vs budget and identify optimal cost structures;
- Work with the data, product, marketing and partnership teams to create business cases to evaluate opportunities, assess economics of partnerships and ultimately inform business decisions;
- Own the LTV model and work with marketing to both forecast and set acquisition targets;
- Support on periodic updating of the group's ICARAs, recovery and wind-down plans;
- Work with data to update and monitor business level metrics in Looker, acting as an informer for product and marketing on where they are falling behind; and
- Embrace automation across all processes in FP&A.
Who you are
- You have at least 2-3 years of post qualification experience in FP&A or commercial finance;
- You have a strong analytical background, with a degree in Maths, Economics, Accounting, Business Analytics and/or Data;
- You have advanced Excel knowledge and financial modeling experience;
- You have great attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- You are hands on, driven and proactive; you take ownership of your work and can collaborate as a team player;
- You have a strong knowledge of finance fundamentals (ACA/ CIMA/ CFA qualification);
- You are able to manage workload and priorities;
- Experience working in fintech is a plus;
- Experience with an accounting software, such as Xero is a plus;
- Experience with Looker is a plus;
- Experience working with LTV and CAC metrics is a plus
- Experience analyzing data and working with Data Teams is a plus
- Join one of the hottest fintech startups in London!
- Own part of the company through stock options
- £300 Annual training budget
- Free Plum Premium subscription
- Private Pension Plan with NEST
- Private Health Insurance with Aviva
- 25 days holiday a year, excluding bank holidays (33 in total)
- 45 days work from anywhere
- 1 day paid leave for volunteering - we admire people who would like to contribute to society
- Team trip to secret destinations once a year
- An office brimming with fruit & snacks, coffee, plants, and a vibe that's
If you think this sounds like you, don't hesitate to get in touch!
- Plum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Plum does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.