Hutcheon Mearns are supporting, on an exclusive basis, an organisation in St Andrews, that leads the way in its field. We are recruiting for a Finance Assistant to join the finance team, working closely with key stakeholders across all departments in the business. This job opportunity will provide accounting and systems support to the business as well as being involved in a number of business-critical projects. You will be part of the team working to enhance how the finance function operates and ensure the maintenance and integrity of financial data in the organisation. The Role
As an individual with an understanding of core accountancy principles (ie debits and credits, fixed assets as well as bank reconciliations ), you will work collaboratively as part of the Finance Systems team to ensure an exceptional service to all users throughout the business. This position will offer you exposure to the full finance function ranging from Accounts Payable to Budgeting/Forecasting to Fixed Assets, General Ledger to Reporting. You will work closely with key stakeholders ranging from operational staff to Executive level. Finance systems play a critical role in the maintenance and production of company financial records and it is crucial that the information is well maintained to ensure the integrity of company-wide reporting so the successful candidate must be IT savvy.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Assist in the administration of the finance systems
- Complete finance systems month end process including data management
- Be the first point of contact for Finance Systems users - logging, monitoring and escalating issues. ie Expenses queries, PO's, cost centre reporting
- Keep up to date with systems developments, understanding the impact on current finance processes, informing the wider Finance Systems team
- Support the finance systems team in the delivery of systems enhancements to the business
- Assist with the successful delivery of projects assigned to the finance systems function
- Liaise with stakeholders of all levels, to resolve finance systems queries
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of accounting principles and may have an Accountancy degree or relevant qualification. In addition, you will ideally have;
- Experience of using a finance system and an understanding of key finance processes such as Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office 365 products including strong Excel skills
- Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience of OracleNetSuite or a similar ERP (desirable), though full training will be given
- Experience in Pivot Tables, V/H Lookups would also be advantageous
This position is an excellent opportunity for an individual interested in building their experience in accountancy with a particular focus on finance systems. There are career progression opportunities and possible opportunity for working towards professional qualifications, for the right person.
This company offers hybrid working (3 days in office) and core working hours are 9am to 5pm. An excellent benefits package is on offer which includes Life Insurance, pension, staff discounts, and lots more! Next steps?
If this job opportunity sounds appealing to you, please apply with your full CV. Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and able to work on a full-time basis. This position will not offer sponsorship and applicants should be able to commute to this location.