Mazars is an engine for rapid and consistent career progression, offering individually designed career paths that help you pursue your interests, match your changing needs, and explore your true potential. We work with diverse, prestigious clients across a range of sectors and geographies, giving you the opportunity to constantly update and grow your skills for lifelong professional development. About the team
Our Financial Outsourcing team provide an outstanding quality of work and service to our clients, ensuring accurate and timely bookkeeping, payables management, preparation of management accounts and VAT compliance. Within financial outsourcing, the Financial Services market team specialise specifically on clients belonging to the Financial Services industry. Our clients are typically large and complex, based both in the UK and Internationally and cover a range of sectors including asset and investment management, insurance and FinTech.
Outsourced accounting and outsourced bookkeeping are fast growing in popularity, and this is substantially down to the opportunity offered by technology and BPO (business process outsourcing) providers like us to transform the finance team. Our cost-effective outsourcing solutions combine market-leading accounting technology and cloud applications with expert advisory services to drive continuous improvement. About the role
- In this role you will support in delivering excellent client service and high-quality deliverables to a portfolio of asset/investment management, insurance and FinTech clients and to work towards becoming a fully qualified accountant
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management accounts for a portfolio of locally based Financial Services type clients
- Support with Accounts payable/receivable bookkeeping queries
- Assist with the preparation of VAT and FCA regulatory returns
- Maintain excellent relations with clients, responding effectively to bookkeeping and management account related queries
- Support with year end Audit response
- Work with accounting software such as Xero and NetSuite and work towards accredited software advisor status
This is could be a well suited opportunity for you if you have relevent experience and want to gain sector experience within the financial services industry What are we looking for?
- Part qualified ACA/ACCA accountant or relevant bookkeeping and management accounts preparation experience
- Strong knowledge of Excel including tabulating large data sets, creation of advance formula and visualisation using Pivot tables
- Excellent numerical, communication and writing abilities
- Motivated to develop a career in accountancy
- Practical bookkeeping experience in either Xero or NetSuite is highly desirable
Mazars is a leading international professional services firm delivering exceptional quality in audit, accounting, tax, financial advisory, outsourcing and consulting.
We are one diverse, multicultural, multi-generational team with a huge sense of connection and belonging. This is a place where you can take ownership of your career, get involved, believe in yourself and put your ideas into action.
At Mazars, we celebrate individuality and thrive on teamwork. We give people the freedom to make a personal contribution to our shared purpose. We support one another to deliver quality, create change and make an impact so that everyone can reach their full potential.
Being inclusive is core to our culture at Mazars; we want to ensure everyone, whether in the recruitment process or beyond is fully supported to be their unique self. To read more about our approach click here
Our aim is to make the recruitment process as accessible and inclusive as possible - please contact us to discuss any changes you may require so we can work with you to support you throughout your application.