Interim Finance Manager - Penzance - £45,000 FTE Negotiable DOE
Trial Balance Consulting have been exclusively engaged by a long standing client that we have assisted on numerous occasions in the past to facilitate their continued growth. Steeped in history, this is one of the most interesting and diverse businesses in West Cornwall, which operates across multiple industry sectors and serves a broad range of public and commercial customers. The company has tasked us with sourcing an interim Finance Manager to join them for 9-12 months to cover a period of maternity leave. This is a full time contract to be based at the company headquarters in Penzance.
Working closely alongside a highly experienced Finance Director (also introduced by Trial Balance), and supported by a small but experienced team, the successful candidate will cover the work of a highly effective Finance Manager. Key responsibilities to include:
- Overseeing the end-to-end financial operations across a range of business entities and income streams
- Assume lead supervisory responsibility for a team of four direct reports with a key focus on mentoring and development
- VAT returns and HMRC reporting
- Balance sheet reconciliations and P&L analysis
- Production of high quality management accounts with commentary
- Oversee the companys payroll function
- Working with the FD, pioneer, implement and develop ongoing financial streamlining initiatives
- Assist the FD and SMT in a number of ongoing projects including the migration to an uprated digital finance system
For this assignment we seek an experienced candidate with a good understanding of end-to-end accounting processes, either part/fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or with strong vocational experience (QBE). This is not a role for a back-office accountant, its a role for a forward thinking, personable and commercially minded individual who would relish the opportunity to add value to a rapidly advancing business. Suitable applicants should possess several years of recently gained exposure in a similar environment and will ideally have experience in managing a small team. The company plans to invest heavily in technology and confidence in implementing and developing modern digital accounting platforms would be preferable.
This is an interesting and prosperous business and this opportunity represents a great time to join their friendly team. For further details and to apply, please contact Jay Vilarrubi-Smith quoting reference JVS9688. This contract is available for immediate commencement and our client is keen to initiate interviews as soon as possible.