Lead Analyst - Credit Portfolio AnalyticsWho we are:
Vanquis Banking Group has a rich history dating back to 1880. The company was founded in Bradford by Joshua Kelley Waddilove as The Provident Clothing and Supply Company to help people access finance and goods they couldn't get from traditional lenders.
Today, Vanquis Banking Group is a FTSE All Share company listed on the London Stock Exchange with around 1.6 million customers and plays the same role in peoples lives today as it did when it was founded.
Vanquis Banking Group is a unified group made up of two brands: Vanquis (cards and loans) and Moneybarn (vehicle finance). While they offer different products and services, they share the common purpose and customer-centric values at the heart of our group. We understand our customers are real people with varied life experiences, so everything we do, from our products to our customer experience, is designed with this in mind.You and Your Team:
In this role, you will be responsible for the continued analysis of the Groups credit portfolio performance, covering cards, loans, and vehicle finance. You will deliver insight into the different stages of the customer lifecycle, enabling informed decision-making and balancing risk and reward to drive profitable growth while ensuring our customers are responsibly managed.In your day-to-day role as a Lead analyst in credit portfolio analytics, you will:
What you will bring to the team:
- Produce monitoring and management of credit risk portfolio analytics, identifying any trends or concentration risks that could result in us lending outside of our risk appetite.
- Be customer-obsessed and have the appetite to understand our customers, how they behave, and be proactive in designing insight that helps the business make decisions that positively impact the customer.
- Perform in-depth reviews of customer performance, providing insight and giving recommendations for credit strategy updates.
- Provide a challenge to the credit risk strategy teams, considering how proposals will impact portfolio quality and the customer.
- Understand macro-economic changes and how these are expected to impact our customers, portfolios, and strategies.
- Provide credit risk portfolio insight to support business strategy around IFRS 9, capital, and liquidity.
- Analyse and contribute to discussion and challenges that help inform the development of policy, scorecards, and strategies
- Experience in coding such as SAS, SQL, or Python
- Experience with analytical tools such as SAS VA or PowerBI
- Experience in analytical thinking, with a successful track record of being able to drive change from proposal to implementation.
- Strong credit card, loan, or vehicle finance experience
- Involvement and understanding of strategic development
- Strategic thinking and being able to respond to fast-moving, demanding situations
The satisfaction of working for a successful and ethical business that is here to help people is a big benefit of joining us, but it is not the only one. We will invest in your development, giving you the support and training to become better and better at your job. We take work-life balance seriously, with plenty of flexible working options. Working in a bright and refreshingly relaxed environment, you will find your opinions valued and listened to.On top of all this, we will give you a package including:
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Hybrid working is considered
- Up to 30 days of holidays in addition to bank holidays
- Pension Scheme with matched company contributions up to 5%
- Private medical insurance
- Extensive opportunities for personal and career development
- Opportunity to grow, develop, and learn
- Colleague Perks at Work discount platform
- Season ticket loan
- 1 paid day to give back to local communities or a chosen charity
We strive to constantly improve the way we look after our people, and we have created an environment where everyone feels valued and can be themselves. We know that by having a better, more inclusive culture and a diverse group of colleagues, we can support our customers and each other in the best way possible. We also believe this goes a long way towards helping us live our purpose and defines why were here in the first place: to help put people on a path to a better everyday life.
Were an equal opportunities employer, and we want people to join us no matter how they identify, their sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, or age.
We want to attract and retain the best people. So, we make sure that, if people need it, theyre given all the extra support and reasonable adjustments to take part in any part of our application or interview process. Weve also got lots of colleagues who choose to work flexibly, so please feel free to talk to us about how you prefer to work at any time.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.