: Finance Manager - Revenue and Accounts ReceivableLocation
Minimum 2 days a week from the Bolton office - Hybrid availableContract Type
Up to £60,000 per annum DOE plus generous benefits Outcomes First Group is Great Place to Work certified - it’s official! We’re also taking part in the national 4 Day Working Week pilot which makes joining us now even more appealing...
Join our team and become an integral part of our family from day one. About the Role
Are you ready to lead the charge in overseeing revenue accounting and managing dynamic Accounts Receivable teams?
We''re seeking a talented individual to take on the role of Finance Manager, Revenue, and Accounting and ensure accuracy and efficiency in reporting revenue across all divisions.To be successful in this role you will need:
- Previous experience in leading and managing fast-paced, high volume and high-performing finance teams
- ACCA/CIMA Qualified accountant
- Demonstratable experience of deferred revenue accounting and gross margin analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- To ensure customer service is at delivered consistently and at the heart of what we do
We’re looking for a passionate process-driven person with a problem-solving attitude to help the Finance function achieve against key performance indicators and.
You will be a highly motivated and proactive individual who enjoys leading and working in a team, whilst also taking full ownership and accountability of delivering results.
Your role will include:
- Leading, managing, motivating and developing the revenue accounting, sales invoicing, and credit control teams.
- Ensuring regular reconciliations are performed between the Invoicing system and iSams, to ensure all billing is accurate and up to date for starters and leavers;
- Facilitating the smooth transfer of work and processes from newly acquired businesses;
- Lead and support projects to improve processes throughout the team;
- Make recommendations for further system improvements with a view of continually optimising processes;
- Ensure that all reporting distributed (both internally and externally) to and from the invoicing and credit control team is timely, meaningful, and accurate
- Work with the revenue accountants to streamline and automate where possible, revenue recognition and reconciliation of associated balance sheet accounts;
- Work closely with the FP&A team and Business Intelligence team to create meaningful financial results via systems and automation;
- Ensuring the monthly invoicing and iSams reports are accurately prepared and reconciliations produced as required;
- Liaising with the Cash Management Accountant to ensure funds coming into the business are effectively managed and in the right place at the right time;
- Co-ordinate the year-end audit process for the Accounts Receivable and Sales Invoicing team as well as ensuring the implementation of all recommendations as appropriate.
As a centralised function at Outcomes First Group, Finance supports several acquired agencies, over 66 schools, and accommodation sites for vulnerable young people, children, and adults. Our Finance team consists of Management Accounts, Transactional Finance and Commercials.
As one of the largest departments within Outcomes First Group, we are committed to providing a high level of service to work towards our goal of improving those we care for. Joining Finance, you will gain exposure to a variety of scenarios in a fast-paced and high-volume industry, where you will really get the chance to develop your personal and professional skills. About the Group
At Outcomes First Group, our mission is to ensure that vulnerable individuals receive the necessary opportunities by providing specialised education services.
Comprising two primary organisations, Acorn Education and Care and Options Autism, the Outcomes First family works collectively. Together, we are dedicated to educating, caring for, and supporting children and young individuals throughout the UK, empowering them to find happiness and navigate their journey in the world.
Our roles offer diversity and growth, providing you with an exciting opportunity to expand your professional expertise. Embrace the variability of each day as you develop into a specialist across your area with our dedicated support and guidance. Why Choose to Work with Us?
At our company, your wellbeing takes precedence. We understand the significance of selecting benefits that cater to both you and your family''s needs, ultimately supporting your overall wellbeing.
No matter your position or location, our VISTA flexible benefits platform offers a customizable benefits package designed to suit your preferences.
We recognize that life circumstances change, and that''s why we offer the flexibility to adjust, exchange, and enhance your benefits package to align with your evolving needs.
Here''s a glimpse of what we offer as standard:
- Holiday entitlement starting at 25 days per year, plus bank holidays, with an option to purchase an additional 5 days.
- Company pension with opportunities to increase your contributions.
- Extensive discount options valid both in the UK and internationally.
- Access to top-tier mental health support services and physical health checks under "Your Wellbeing Matters."
- Abundant career development prospects.
- Professional support networks and groups.
- *4-Day Working Week: Enjoy a ''rest-day'' any day Monday to Friday (as agreed with Manager) available after the successful completion of the probationary period.
What else could I choose from?
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. #1
- Critical illness coverage
- Life assurance options
- Private medical and dental insurance
- Eco-Car Scheme