OVERALL PURPOSE OF THEFINANCE ANALYST ROLE
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Analyst role based in our Head Office in Southall. The Finance Analyst will be a key team player within the FP&A function ensuring accuracy and timeliness of reporting financial records in line with audit and management requirements.
The role is the lead for Fixed asset management, bank reconciliation/invoice financing, and GRNI (Goods received, not invoiced) clearing. The role also monitors cost centres spend, ensuring accurate accounting and payment reconciliation to protect DDF from money laundering with a view on cash management.
You will be part of a FP&A team of 4 who support the business in the delivery of the Strategic Plan across Sales, Marketing and Operations through accurate reporting and business partnering key departments, and will participate in the companys annual external audit.MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESOF THEFINANCE ANALYST
As the Finance Analyst your responsibilities will include and not restricted to the following:
- Month-end close processing (journals, balance sheet and P&L reconciliations)
- Ensuring regular Balance sheet reconciliations are complete and are reviewed with FP&A Manager and Head of Finance on a monthly basis
- Own fixed asset register maintenance, ensuring additions meet the Capex approval process and depreciation policy
- Own allocated cost centre recording, reporting and reconciliation ensuring that cost centre managers are aware of all spend and highlighting P&L trends and improvement recommendations on an ongoing basis
- Business partner ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all spend ensuring accuracy of accounting for P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow
- Review GRNI account, run GRNI clearing and process PO drops.
- General ledger reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations
- End to end ownership of reporting and reconciliation of invoicing financing with bank, involving external and internal stakeholder engagement.
- Preparing and reporting VAT/Intrastat submissions to Government in an accurate and timely manner
- Bookkeeping and maintain general ledger accounts monthly adjustments including prepayments, accruals, depreciation, cross-charges, etc.
- Support FP&A Manager in the consolidation of budget and forecasts for management
- Adding the so what to the numbers, bringing insight and recommendation to the P&L and Balance sheet with a cashflow focus
- Support the company in the annual external audits
BENEFITS OF THEFINANCE ANALYST INCLUDE
REPORTING AND KEY RELATIONSHIPSReports to:
- On-site parking.
- Life Assurance.
- Company Pension.
- 50% Discount of Products.
- Referral Scheme.
- Long Service Awards.
- Baby Bonus Scheme.
Senior Finance analyst/ Finance ManagerKNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Familiarity with integrated ERP system preferably Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Power BI
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel is critical along with MS Office
- Analytical, attention to detail, strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Must be organised with strong planning skills
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as multi-tasking and working to deadlines
- Ability to influence various stakeholder groups, drive process improvements and efficiencies
- Quality timely, accurate, insightful relevant recording and reporting with a value added focus
- Accurate reconciliation and accounting in line with audit and management requirements
- Business partnering and key stakeholder management
- Strong and motivated with continuous improvement focus
- Development of processes and assigned cost centre(s)
- Balance sheet reconciliations completed and reviewed each month with management
- Business Feedback