Who we are
Allianz is a global insurance company serving across 70 different countries, but from the very first day you join our team you'll know that your contributions are valued. We offer world class learning and career development opportunities, while we celebrate an inclusive culture.Role DescriptionAllianz Commercial Pricing Analytics Principal Want to play a key role in transforming pricing for one of the UK's largest insurers? Join Allianz and be part of a Global organisation that is committed to defining new standards for Commercial pricing capability and heavily investing in tools and people to deliver it. This exciting opportunity is a new role with exposure to senior stakeholders within Allianz UK and Global. In the role you will be responsible for developing, coordinating and aligning pricing practices in the creation of forward looking KPIs, ensuring that our capability in this space develops at pace in line with global best practice. These are used by the executive function to manage current and plan future business. You will engage with senior executives, transformation, finance, actuarial and of course the rest of the pricing team ensuring consistency across portfolios. You'll work closely with pricing colleagues to understand and drive technical excellence within risk pricing and non-risk elements of pricing, ensuring that Allianz reaches its ambition of best in class pricing & underwriting.Key Responsibilities
- Design and setup of pricing portfolio BI and MI capability
- Liaise with Finance and Actuarial colleagues and manage libraries of key pricing inputs and data resources
- Ownership and running of monthly projections across all classes of commercial business
- Ownership of technical inputs of non-risk elements of pricing
- Alignment with Portfolio Analytics and other functions on data strategy and best in class MI
- Liaise with global and other pricing teams to ensure Commercial UK is aligned on pricing capability and delivery of pricing metrics
To be successful in this role you should have proven capability of working in an actuarial/pricing function with dependencies in and outside of that function. Long term pricing experience is favourable but this role would also suit people from reserving, finance, capital or portfolio analytics backgrounds. Candidates should have the ability to run and manage integrated data and modelling processes with an ability to understand and explain complex actuarial problems to senior stakeholders.
What We Will Offer You
- Educated to degree level in a numerate discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience working on cross team/department projects to achieve a common goal
- Appropriate professional qualifications preferred such as Actuarial and / or CII
- Self starter with ambition and no fear of reaching out and interacting with wide variety of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and statistical experience
- Confident with analytics tools including Emblem, Radar, SAS, R, Python, SQL, etc.
- Experience and understanding of insurance and products
- Experience of coaching and developing analysts within a team
- Business acumen as well as an understanding of the insurance sector
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from- so you can pick a package that's perfect for you.
We also offer flexible working options, global career opportunities across the wider Allianz Group, and fantastic career development and training. That's on top of enjoying all the benefits you'd expect from the world's number one insurance brand, including:
Our Ways of Working
- Flexible buy/sell holiday options
- Hybrid working - 1 to 2 days working in our Guildford office and the rest working from home
- Annual performance related bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Development days
- A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
- This role can either be based in Bristol or Guildford
Do you need some flexibility with the hours you work? Let us know as part of your application and if it's right for our customers, our business and for you, then we'll do everything we can to make it happen.
Here at Allianz, we are signatories of the ABIs flexible working charter. We believe in supporting hybrid work patterns, which balance the needs of our customers, with your personal circumstances and our business requirements. Our aim with this is to help innovation, creativity, and you to thrive - Your work life balance is important to us.Our Purpose and Values We secure your future Be Brave | With Heart | Everyone Counts | Inspiring Trust
Our purpose and values are more than just words on a website - they are the why and how of Allianz. They influence everything we do and guide us how to do it.
Created by our people, for our people, they shape our culture, bring us together, and inspire us to be the best. Building on inclusive culture for us all to succeed.Diversity & Inclusion
At Allianz, we value diversity and inclusion and back this up with our accreditations, Allianz is EDGE certified for gender inclusion, members of the Women in Finance Charter, a Disability Confident employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion members, signatories of Business in the Community's Race at Work Charter, and an Armed Forces Covenant gold standard employer.
We recognise the strength of neurodiversity in the workplace, and the far-reaching benefits of embracing a spectrum of thinking styles and innovative capabilities. We proudly welcome applications from neurodivergent and disabled candidates, and can offer tailored adjustments to remove barriers and set you up for success in your career.
At Allianz, we encourage our people to advocate for what they need, we listen, and we act - this could include providing assistive technology, ergonomic specialist equipment, mentoring and coaching, or flexibility in the way you work, among a wide range other adjustments. Join us - Let's Care for Tomorrow.
40699 | Actuarial | Professional | Non-Executive | Allianz UK | Full-Time | Permanent