PIB Group is currently seeking a skilled and motivated individual to join our finance team in Retford as a Management Accountant. In this role, you will play a crucial part in delivering management accounting services to PIB, while providing support to the Senior Management Accountant in ensuring high-quality management information, reporting, and driving business development opportunities.
- The production of monthly management accounts of exceptional quality adhering to month end deadlines, resolving queries presented by our finance business partners.
- Provide support to the Senior Management Accountant by addressing ad-hoc financial data queries.
- Innovate and enhance internal processes to bolster financial reporting across divisions.
- Maintain meticulous records, reconciliations and an audit trail to support the financial accounts of entities within your allocated divisions.
- Collaborate with both internal and external auditors as necessary for account production and maintaining a robust control environment.
- Support and develop assistant management accountants.
The ideal candidate should:
- Be actively working towards a finance qualification.
- Possess experience in a finance function, including the delivery of monthly financial information.
- Have team management experience (desirable but not essential).
- Demonstrate knowledge of operating across multiple financial service/group requirements, with excellent Excel skills.
- Possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, along with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Exhibit a positive, can-do attitude and a strong commitment to driving continuous improvement.
As well as a competitive salary we offer the following benefits -
- Competitive holiday allowance with the annual option to buy additional days
- Death in Service benefit of x4 salary
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave packages
- A flexible benefits package which allows you to add additional benefits to your overall package
- Our benefits portal offers discounts on technology & electronics, cinemas, restaurants, days out, mortgage advice, travel and many more
- Referral schemes
- Discounted rates on PIB products
- We offer a first-class employee benefits and welfare package to support our employees with financial management, cycle to work scheme, counselling support, health screening, will writing, menopause support, books, stopping smoking and much more
- We also offer a wide range of discounts including a kids pass giving you discount to over 4500 attractions and activities, discounts at hairdressers and beauticians, climate change projects with lots of other options to choose
- PIB has a comprehensive learning & development framework, including professional study options and apprenticeships which are available to all employees, and which will support your career development
- Being a part of our PIB Community Trust, we support fundraising where you can apply for grants from PIB Group towards your chosen charity
- PIB Group are committed to improving their environmental impact in a responsible way. From the individual actions that our colleagues take every day through to installing the right facilities across our premises, there are many measures in place to help reduce PIBs carbon footprint.
We are proud of our success and growth and have been recognised for many industry awards across our business. If you wish to work for a company that truly puts people at the heart of their organisation, then we would love to hear from you. PIB operates a flexible working policy, and our management teams will talk to you about how that would meet both your flexible working needs and those of the business and role you are applying for. We would love to hear from you if you want to hear more about opportunities in PIB.
We are an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.