: Financial ControllerLocation
: Bolton Flexibility:
Hybrid working available, 2 days a week minimum in the officeContract Type
: Full Time, Permanent
£60,000 per annum Outcomes First Group is Great Place to Work certified - it’s official! Want to work 4 days, but get paid for 5? OFG is taking part in the four-day working week trial. About the Role
As Group Financial Controller you will work closely with the Accounting team at our Bolton office and be responsible for the production of monthly management accounts, including balance sheet and cash flow.
This senior position involves overseeing OFG’s financial accounting, tax accounting, and compliance with the Group''s obligations.
You will work closely with the Director of Financial Controls to help drive and deliver a strong control environment, leading to successful annual external audits and ensure excellent financial controls across the Group. To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting, Business, or related field.
- Be qualified with financial certification such as ACCA/CIMA/ACA is essential.
- Proven experience in financial management roles.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to synthesize complex financial data into actionable insights.
- Advanced proficiency in managing group consolidation processes across multiple legal entities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders.
- Strategic thinking and business acumen, with a track record of contributing to organizational growth and success.
- Exceptional monthly reporting skills, with experience setting and reporting on KPI''s and management information
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams and building strong business partnerships.
- Leadership qualities with a demonstrated ability to motivate and develop a team.
- High level of integrity, ethics, and a commitment to upholding financial standards and compliance.
We’re looking for a passionate process and detail-driven person with a problem-solving attitude, who is technically strong and comfortable with financial reporting, to help our finance function achieve against key performance indicators and drive a successful recruitment and selection process.About Finance
As a centralised function at Outcomes First Group, Finance supports several acquired agencies, over 65 schools and additional schools with accommodation for vulnerable young people, children, and adults. Our Finance team consists of Management Accounts, Transactional Finance and Commercials.
As one of the largest departments within Outcomes First Group, we are committed to providing a high level of service to work towards our goal of improving those we care for. Joining Finance, you will gain exposure to a variety of scenarios in a fast-paced and high-volume industry, where you will really get the chance to develop your personal and professional skills. About the Group
Outcomes First Group exists to make sure vulnerable people get the opportunities they need, whether that involves providing them with specialist education and residential care or finding them dedicated foster families in which they can thrive.
There are two main organisations in our Outcomes First family: Acorn Education and Care, Options Autism. Together, we educate, care for and support children and young people across the UK, empowering them to be happy and make their way in the world.Why work for us?
Your wellbeing is very important to us, and we know that being able to choose the benefits that suit you and your family will support your wellbeing.
Whatever your role and wherever you’re located, you’ll love VISTA, our flexible benefits platform which lets you tailor your benefits package.
And when your circumstances change...no problem. You can flex, trade and add to your benefits package to suit your circumstances.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- 4 day working week (applicable after probation - T&Cs apply)
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum with options to buy an additional 5 days
- Critical illness cover and life assurance options
- Company Pension with options to increase your contributions
- Private medical and dental Insurance
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Eco-Car Scheme
- “Your Wellbeing Matters"- access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
- Career development opportunities
- Professional support networks and groups