Amazon’s Prime Video and Prime Music are the leading European premium-on-demand entertainment services.
We’re looking for exceptional people with outstanding accounting and analytical skills. People who are entrepreneurial, driven and who have what it takes, to make us the place for people to come to, for their entertainment needs.
Based in Shoreditch, the EU Digital Accounting team has an opening for a Financial Analyst to support the controllership activities of the Amazon Digital, including supporting expansion projects, annual statutory audits and other regulatory reporting requirements. The Financial Analyst will collaborate with Tax, Legal, Finance and Tech teams for Amazon Digital matters and will support business initiatives including restructures and product launches in new markets, as the business continues to expand.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in dealing with ambiguity with a strong ability to prioritise multiple projects and to execute deliverables with excellent communication and to a high standard. The ability to influence stakeholders will also be essential to succeed in this role.
- Ad hoc, cross functional project work, including, but not limited to, supporting business initiatives ensuring accounting and tax compliance;
- Preparation of various deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting needs, including analytic commentary and the preparation of supplementary financial analysis for management and other stakeholders;
- Serve as a functional expert for cross-border accounting considerations;
- Building an efficient and effective internal controls environment that is consistent with Amazon’s high standards and practices;
- Applying knowledge of multiple reporting systems to deliver solutions. This requires advanced computer literacy (MS Office, especially Excel & Access) and the aptitude to understand system dependencies. Knowledge of Oracle, Hyperion Essbase and database structures are an advantage.
We are a global leader in online media. We obsess over our customers and that's where we make our investments. We thrive on hiring dedicated, high-achieving professionals who work hard together to meet the cutting-edge opportunities and challenges of e-commerce
In return, we will offer you an attractive package including basic salary, stock units, and other excellent benefits including healthcare. You will also have the opportunity to develop a rewarding career with one of the UK's leading online retailers.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Experience in tax, finance or a related analytical field
- Experience in creating process improvements with automation and analysis
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice ((url removed)) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial (phone number removed) ((url removed)(phone number removed)). If calling from Ireland, please dial (phone number removed) ((url removed)(phone number removed))