Ensuring the timely and regular production of accurate and complete management/statutory
accounts, reporting into the Finance Director. This role will be responsible for the regular and detailed financial forecasts and budgets and informing the Executive Management team of the financial implications of activities being undertaken/proposed.Client Details
A well established life sciences research business who are going through a phase of transformation and rapid growth.Description
- Prepare, in liaison with the Finance Director and the Chief Executive, the budgets and cashflow forecasts for Board submission and approval.
- Prepare annual statutory accounts for audit and maintain policies that are in accordance with UK accounting standards and Companies Act accounting requirements.
- Manage finance staff to ensure project accounting, sales ledger, purchase ledger and cashbook are maintained to key deadlines and meet quality expectations.
- Monitor the performance of the business against budget and potential future developments.
- Prepare and review monthly accounts within required deadlines
- Maintain the Sales Order Book and Opportunities Tracker, presenting key information to weekly/monthly project staff meetings.
- Review and monitor cash flow and future requirements.
- Maintain and improve the financial control environment; ensure that financial controls are suitable for the business.
- Provide expert financial advice to the wider executive team e.g. audit, tax, VAT
- Oversee all other financial tasks as required.
- Manage the payroll function
The Financial Controller will be a qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA accountant with a strong track record in similar level finance roles. Ideally you will have experience of leading a small finance function as a Financial Controller or Finance Manager in a small-medium size enterprise.
You will have strong leadership and influencing skills, including providing advice and partnering to executive teams. You will be confident with the ability to build strong working relationships with employees and external stakeholders and customers.
You will have the ability to work with flexibility as part of a small team and demonstrate a 'hands-on' approach as well as work calmly under pressure and to strict deadlines.
Experience of Sage 200 would be advantageous as would exposure to project costing and improving efficiency's and processes. Job Offer
Base Salary + Bens