About The RoleJoin the Samworth Brothers Team and Take your next step with Samworth Brothers! become part of our dynamic family!
At Samworth Brothers, we genuinely care about our colleagues and strive to create an engaging environment that values your unique contributions. We are committed to your success and offer a range of exceptional benefits that we believe supports your life and personal aspirations: -
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Private health scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Experience annual pay reviews
- Profit related pay
- Unlock your potential through training and growth opportunities
We have a great opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join our team here at The Cornwall Bakery based in Callington, who is CIMA/ACCA newly qualified / finalist Finance professional. In this role you will be reporting directly into the Finance Manager and will be responsible for the preparation of the monthly management accounts, financial reporting, and financial analysis. You will have strong financial disciplines, the ability to understand and challenge Commercial / Operational / functional performance and deliver high-quality reporting into both the business and the Samworth Brothers Group.
The Ideal Candidate
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts and submissions as required.
- General ledger control including balance sheet substantiation and analysis.
- Preparation of monthly audit working files
- Control the overhead expenditure analysis and control reporting. Work closely with budget holders to control spends and ensure costs are in line with budgets / forecasts.
- Journal, accrual and prepayment preparation and review.
- Ensure an up to date understanding of the weekly management accounts and drivers of improvement plans.
- Assist Finance Manager with the preparation of budgets and 3 year plans.
We believe that success is built upon collaboration and diverse perspectives. At Samworth Brothers, we welcome candidates who are passionate about working together to achieve greatness. As a valued member of our team, you will bring the following skills and experience: -
- CIMA / ACCA qualified / finalist.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical and questioning ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong IT skills across standard operating systems - System 21, MS AX
- Good literacy and numeracy needed and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders
Some flexibility required to manage working hours to meet the demands of the business
We also want you to thrive in an engaging and inclusive work culture where you will have the opportunity to take on personal accountability and take pride in your work. We encourage positive communication, and the building of strong collaborative relationships is essential to every role.
Join us at Samworth Brothers, where you'll be more than just a team member - you'll be an integral part of our thriving family. Apply today and embark on an exciting journey with us!
We are a fourth-generation family business producing high quality own-label products for many of the UK's best-known retailers along with our own brands including Ginsters, Soreen, Higgidy, Dickinson & Morris and Walker & Son. We employ over 10,000 people in well-invested modern food manufacturing sites around the country.
At Samworth Brothers we take pride in our family feel within our businesses and work together to make things happen. We can offer you the stability of a wider group as well as the opportunities that that offers if you wish to progress your career with us. We are family and we would like to invite you to be part of that and support our teams in delivering great products to all of our customers. Samworth Brothers do not engage with unlicensed gangmasters or third parties. Samworth Brothers will NEVER ask you for money in order to provide you with employment. If you are in any doubt, please contact an official Samworth Brothers representative.