Senior Manager, Accounting Lead
London, hybrid - 3 days
To £115,000 + bonus + benefits
This UK head quartered, FinTech success story has grown at a phenomenal rate and can now demonstrate a valuation in the $billions.
As this exciting business continues its stellar growth journey, it is experiencing the usual challenges of professionalising and maturing the various functions, including Finance.
As such, this new role has been created to be the accounting guru for new product launches.
This high profile, cross functional, stand-alone role includes:
- Build and deepen relationships with the various Product, Commercial and Corporate
- Development teams to be part of the day-to-day product, market, and client development processes.
- Be the voice of Financial Control and Accounting on product implementations across new regions, currencies, licenses, products etc.
- Translate incoming information, and work with Finance System Architects, Regional Controllers, Tax, Treasury and other finance stakeholders to clearly assess Finance requirements, process impacts, as well as designing and implementing solutions for all Financial Control and Accounting subject areas.
- Effectively partner and challenge broader product and commercial teams to ensure any new product offering is developed and optimised to meet Finance data, system integration, financial accounting/reporting, audit and control requirements.
- Take ownership for Finance readiness sign-off
- Proactively managing the Finance plan/timeline to deliver against future initiatives.
- Identifying existing gaps/problems that need solving and influencing broader Finance and Product teams to remove any roadblocks for future product implementations.
- Where conflicting priorities are presented, undertake a risk based impact assessment and apply clear exception acceptance criteria for new activities.
- Providing clarity to key stakeholders on the status of product implementations and calling out any non-compliant solutions as needed.
- Create and implement a framework to capture, assess and report on new initiatives and document key requirements and decision making.
Essential required skill set/behaviours:
- ACA/ACCA qualified.
- Has played a key role in understanding and implementing the accounting discipline that wraps around a product (software or physical) as it goes through its life cycle (from inception to launch).
- Practical knowledge of IFRS and general accounting and control principles.
- Impressive communication and people engagement skills - you will be partnering and influencing multiple cross functional teams including Product, Engineering, Strategy etc.
- Mid-large complex business.
- Highly systems literate.
Additional preferred experience:
- Payments sector / FinTech.
- Expertise in supporting a business through growth.
- Experience of Workday.