A successful company within the sector it operates is looking for a dynamic Financial Controller with a manufacturing background to be part of their team. This role will be given the empowerment to work closely with senior stakeholders within the business to streamline and further review process and policies to reach the financial goals of the company.
It is our client's expectations that the successful incumbent will take ownership of the accounting and finance function, showing strategic gravitas and a willingness to be hands on with a high level of initiative.
You will be responsible for providing first line financial and commercial support to ensure the company achieves their financial strategy, goals and targets through the accurate, timely and quality accounting, analysis and reporting.
* Preparation of all monthly management and financial reports
* Lead the planning, budgeting and forecasting process along by working closely with the business
* Review, monitor and report monthly performance identifying variances to plan and opportunities for business improvement;
* Highlight any risks
* Prepare timely and accurate reporting and other related statutory reports on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
* The role will also include handling all tax and payroll matters
* Take a pro-active guidance role in ensuring good internal control, self-governance and continuous improvement
FCCA or ACCA qualified; Possess an intermediate to advanced level understanding of MS Excel; Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar financial role;
A background in manufacturing; Work well in a team environment; Communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally; Work effectively to deadlines