About The Role
HomeServe are currently recruiting for a Risk Manager to join the Compliance & Risk Team in Walsall. The successful candidate will have financial service experience in a second line risk role in the banking/insurance sector. Operational risk experience would be preferable.
We work in a hybrid way, mostly remote with a requirement to travel into our Walsall office twice a week to work with the team. With that in mind you will be located within a convenient commute to Walsall.
The Governance & Risk team is responsible for designing and overseeing the Enterprise Risk Management Framework. We provide training, support and challenge to the first line of the business on how the Framework is operated, supporting day-to-day application in addition to change programmes and dealing with risk incidents. We then report to the Executive and Board on HMLs risk profile and risk management activity.PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Support the development, implementation and maintenance of the Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework; associated policies, procedures, systems and tools; and oversee its operation across the UK business.
- Provide training, coaching and advice on risk and incident management.
- Act as a business partner to allocated business units and their Executives, to support their risk and incident management, providing constructive challenge as required.
- Establish and maintain open, ongoing and prompt communication with key stakeholders, risk owners, senior managers and the Executive team.
- Assess risk data to identify themes, trends and adequacy of actions.
- Draft high-quality risk management reports for governance reporting purposes.
- Demonstrably maintain and enhance an effective external perspective and knowledge of risks and risk management best practices, tools and techniques.
- Deputise for the Head of SMCR & Risk or Director of Governance & Risk as appropriate.
About The Candidate
To be successful in this role you will need to have the following knowledge, skills and attributes:ESSENTIAL:
- Comprehensive understanding of operational risk and applicable regulatory expectations including industry best practice models.
- Experience in second line operational risk management and/ or related discipline (e.g. audit) in Financial Services organisations.
- Confidence and ability to manage relationships with stakeholders at all levels within the organisation and provide advice or challenge.
- A good understanding of a wide variety of business functions, including an appreciation of typical risks and expected controls.
- Ability to evaluate complex issues and suggest solutions that balance regulatory requirements, business requirements and customer outcomes.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent professional experience. ? Ability to work well alone, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communicator (both oral and written), with strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Strong reasoning skills.
- Strong team player.
- Self motivated, with pride in the work undertaken, ensuring it is produced to the required standard.
- Committed to problem solving.
- Organised and accurate, with an eye for detail, with the ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks.
- Experience in the General Insurance sector.
- Proven ability in delivery of risk management training.