An innovative market leader in the engineering and manufacturing sector. Our client is an established UK SME with exciting global growth plans. The CFO will play a pivotal role in realising these growth objectives alongside the CEO and Board.
This will be a "hands on" role, responsible for all aspects of financial operations and financial strategy for the business. Managing a team of two in finance with oversight for the IT team and input into IT strategy.
* Lead the preparation of monthly management accounts, providing detailed cost
* and margin analysis by project.
* Ensure robust internal financial controls and accurate inventory and cost data.
* P&L budgeting, forecasting.
* Cash management including provision of rolling forecasts and credit control.
* Cashflow structuring including equipment finance, leases etc.
* Manage strategy to foreign currency management (including hedge contracts)
* Oversight of project cost estimates and rigorous cost and profitability analysis by
* Reviewing cost centres for profitability.
* Provide monthly reports to CEO on profitability, areas of concern and provide proactive suggestions for continual improvements.
* Provide financial commentary and content for Board reports to support key
* Liaising with auditors and assistance in the preparation of the annual financial
* Manage relationships with banks, auditors, and regulatory bodies like Companies
* House and Co Secretarial.
* Acquisition modelling.
The Successful Applicant
Our client is looking for a qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA who is currently at FD/CFO level. The role will require a candidate who has a track record in senior finance leadership ideally within a smaller entrepreneurial business. The successful individual will be an excellent communicator and influencer, with experience within a manufacturing environment. An understanding of ratios/bills of materials and standard costings would be advantageous. The ideal candidate will be both a strategic thinker and comfortable compiling, reviewing and interrogating figures at a detailed level. You will bring a wealth of experience in managing the financial operations of a business as well as embedding a robust finance infrastructure and process/controls improvement. You will be business-oriented, able to handle day-to-day operational finance, mid-term projects and financial strategy. You will be comfortable partnering with the business at all levels and have strong leadership skills as well as intuitive commercial acumen. We are looking for an energetic, inspirational CFO; experience in M&A, long term financial planning and modelling, ERP implementation would be highly desirable.