Our Central large corporate tax team comprises our offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, the East Midlands and Milton Keynes.We advise a range of large and complex UK and multinational publicly traded groups, private equity backed businesses, and utilities groups across the spectrum of tax issues that impact their business, including advising on strategic business expansion, deal activity, financing, profit repatriation, navigating the evolving UK and international tax landscape, and managing domestic compliance.
As part of the team you'll be actively encouraged to develop your skills, consult, share specialist knowledge and new ideas, and engage with our market leading team of tax professionals as we continue to innovate to deliver best in class service.Responsibilities
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Essential skills and experience
- Working with our Partners and Director team to develop and build strong client relationships, identifying opportunities to solve our clients problems and build our business;
- Managing a portfolio of clients, being the primary contact for day-to-day tax matters;
- Leading a team of our more junior staff, helping them to develop and gain experience across a wide range of clients;
- Contributing to the development and sharing of technical knowledge;
- Being inquisitive, understanding the changing business environment, and considering how this impacts our clients;
- Working with our compliance team to oversee the delivery of tax compliance services;
- Developing internal relationships with our subject matter and line of services specialists;
- Managing our risk processes, investment in clients and related financial metrics
- Practice-trained finance professional, with relevant qualification (e.g. ACA/ACCA/CTA).
- Experience of advising large corporate clients on UK and international tax matters.
- Proven client relationship skills and effectively managing internal teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills and sustaining relationships over a period of time.
- Demonstrated business acumen through an interest in and understanding of broader UK and global business issues, and being confident discussing these issues with clients.
- Analytical skills and an ability to solve complex problems in a collaborative and creative way.
- Evidence of an ability to develop the breadth of services offered on client accounts ,and contribution to business development activity.
- Sound accounting knowledge, including familiarity with accounting principles and ability to understand and interpret statutory accounts.
- Ability to write clear articulate reports, summarising complex tax matters.
- Ability to manage your own time and to manage the expectations of multiple stakeholders.
- Commitment to developing self, proactive mindset and desire to make the role your own