Senior Payroll Assistant
Job Type: Temporary Contract ongoing
Reporting to: Payroll ManagerLocation:
Client: Category leading Manufacturer
Job Reward: £15 - 20 per hour target pay per hour, 38-hour week.
As the temporary Senior Payroll Assistant, you will ensure that all employees are paid accurately, on time and in compliance with statutory regulations. Your eye for detail, a high level of accuracy and ability to handle complex payroll scenarios are paramount to the success of this role.Responsibilities:
Senior Payroll Assistant
- Completing end-to-end payroll processing, up to 1,500 employees per month
- Reviewing payrolls processed by other members of the team
• Adhering to strict payment deadlines
- Review and validate payroll inputs, including salaries, benefits, allowances, and deductions
- Conduct month-end reports and balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensuring liabilities for tax, national insurance and other related legislative requirements are calculated
- Oversee the administration of monthly pension schemes, including enrolment
- Assist Payroll Manager in coordinating year-end payroll processes, including producing annual P60s, P11D forms and PAYE PSA.
- Prepare and distribute employee Payslips, P45s etc
- Assisting with training and development of team members
- Service multiple clients with a focus on the support of the team and the Payroll Manager, to deliver excellent service
- Positively contributing to the team and its overall future development
- Supporting and covering for the Payroll Manager when they are unavailable
- Demonstrating company values and setting an example for peers
About the ideal candidate
- The ideal applicant will have a significant practical understanding of payroll. This will include strong knowledge of statutory and legislative regulations, including workplace pensions, and proven experience in MS Office, in particular Excel
- Passion for excellent customer service and maintaining quality relationships
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills, ensuring stringent deadlines are met
- Flexibility, adaptability, and problem-solving abilities
? In-depth knowledge of UK payroll and HMRC legislation
? Intermediate level of Excel
? Written & Verbal communications
? Team Player
? Fast learner
? High level of confidentiality
What we can offer - Senior Payroll Assistant Temporary
Work at a world-class, award-winning company
Hybrid working potential but mainly onsite 3 days.
Exposure to a global family of employees
Ongoing challenge, training, and development
You will join a thriving, growing and secure business. We encourage temporary to permanent applications also.
Candidates currently a Senior payroller, Payroll Associate, Payroll manager, payroll assistant and any equivalent background will be suitable for the role.
Techsearch is acting as an Employment Agency for this vacancy.
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.