My retained client is a leading design and manufacturing organisation, with a fantastic reputation in a multitude of different industries. They are well established, with an impressive history and are looking to continue their growth within the sectors they supply.
Resulting from sustained investment within the business, and ambitious growth plans they are now looking to add a Finance Manager to their dynamic team in Lincolnshire.
You'll be working closely with key stakeholders to review product manufacturing costs, create standardised product costings, evaluate product profitability, and seek cost efficiencies to improve margins / profitability. In addition, you'll work in collaboration with the manufacturing team for capacity / demand planning purposes and to financially model the prioritisation of the manufacturing product lines that will both achieve high volumes of sales and profitability. Making data driven recommendations to key stakeholders and the board to enable effective decision making. This is a great opportunity to join a business going through a period of advancement, that will in turn enable you to rapidly grow your career with a forward-thinking organisation.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Oversee standard costing and inventory management to support strategic and operational decision making within the business
- Responsible for reviewing, understanding, challenging and explaining all manufacturing cost variances on a regular basis
- Raise and promote finance into the wider business by providing finance business partnering and control
- Support to a variety of stakeholders to deliver improvements in all aspects of site performance
- Communicate with all levels across the business, acting as a translator or interface between finance, commercial and operations
- Develop, implement, and maintain accurate standard costing model for manufacturing operations and provide margin analysis
- Review quality, demand, and obsolescent and aged stock provision, challenging large values and any significant movements
- Provide regular reporting on stock management and stockholding
- Complete associated month end processes to strict deadlines
- Actively influence day to day decisions, shaping the strategy and direction of the business
- Ensure the reconciliation of relevant balance sheet accounts to the general ledger, including the timely input of accruals and journals
- Work closely with the manufacturing managers to ensure they understand the impact their actions have to the company's profitability and cashflow
- Must have experience within a Finance Business Partner role or similar, such as a Financial Controller, Cost Accountant or Management Accountant within a manufacturing environment
- Professional qualification such as CIMA / ACCA is highly desirable but not essential
- Thorough understanding of standard costing, BOM's, inventory management and manufacturing processes
- Skilled in accounting software, data analysis and integrated ERP systems
- Advanced excel skills and the ability to perform data analysis
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and challenge effectively with cross-functional teams and non-finance personnel