Hybrid Working - 2-3 days per week in one of our offices Office location flexible but will require regular attendance at the London and Guildford officesWho we are
Allianz is a global insurance company serving across 70 different countries, but from the very first day you join our team you'll know that your contributions are valued. We offer world class learning and career development opportunities, while we celebrate an inclusive culture.Role Description
Reporting into the Head of Reward and Performance, you'll use your expertise in pensions and benefits to help deliver key reward processes for Allianz UK and LV GI Insurance. You'll manage the operational efficiency, sustainability and ongoing cost management of the pension and benefit arrangements in place; this includes the current Master Trust and closed defined benefits schemes, as well as the broader benefits portfolio.
This role will support the Head of Reward and Performance in investigating, recommending and implementing the agreed future strategy for pensions and benefits schemes. You will be responsible for optimising the customer experience for employees utilising the pensions and benefits offering.
You'll also have the opportunity to get involved in key projects in the Reward and Performance Centre of Expertise as well as those in the wider HR team. This role also offers the opportunity of working with our colleagues in Group HR. Key Accountabilities
Technical Skills and Experience
- Delivery of monthly and annual benefits window including the linkage with the Payroll team, communications team, brokers, suppliers and the platform provider
- Supporting the Head of Reward and Performance in developing, agreeing and implementing the pensions & benefits strategy
- Responsible for the employee pensions and benefits experience ensuring an effective and efficient service is provided
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with pensions auto enrolment
- Identifying ways of optimising the broader benefits offering
- Monitoring market developments in pensions and benefits provision to optimise our approach
- Benchmarking our benefit scheme arrangements against external metrics to ensure competitiveness and appropriateness
- Monitoring changes in legislative framework for benefits and ensuring ongoing compliance with statutory requirements
- Managing benefit suppliers and scheme renewals to ensure best value and return on investment
- Managing the operational budget for the delivery of our Pensions and Benefits services
- Building strong relationships with Finance to ensure robust compliance with corporate, audit and statutory procedures, standards and regulations for the operation of our benefits schemes
- Developing an appropriate control framework around pensions & benefits and ensuring that controls are consistently executed in line with the requirements of this framework with acceptable audit trails
- Working closely with advisors to investigate opportunities for change to existing scheme arrangements - this will involve the development of complex business/financial cases to support change recommendations, leading consultations/negotiations to facilitate change and managing communication with scheme members
- Advising Head of Performance and Reward on new and emerging financial issues that could impact pension scheme arrangements, to inform related decision making/proposal
- Acting as main HR contact for the outsourced Pension advisor
- Managing responses to queries from existing and deferred pension scheme members and current pensioners, HMRC/DWP (or similar government agencies)
- Managing the service levels, performance and costs of our pension scheme administrators, advisors and fund managers
- Dealing personally with escalated pensions & benefits issues
- Collating, gathering and analysis of high-quality data for various projects
- Rolling out changes and ensuring the changes are culturally embedded in the organisation
- Involvement in the delivery of key Reward & Performance projects.
- Significant experience in a Benefits & Pensions specialist role within a blue-chip organisation is desirable
- Experience and knowledge of Reward & Performance Development would be an advantage
- Supplier management
- Budget management
- Change management, process design and process management skills
- Basic project management skills (to facilitate change)
- Leadership of negotiations/employee consultations
- Experience of managing a variety of pensions & employee benefits arrangements
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate into compelling and actionable recommendations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills - both in person and remotely
- Previous experience of running and rolling out new systems in relation to Pensions & Benefits
- Experience in delivering superior customer service.
What We Will Offer You
- Membership of the Pensions Management Institute or similar
- Qualification in Accounting or Finance or similar qualification in pension, insurance or accountancy that meets FCA standards
Recognised and rewarded for a job well done, we have a range of flexible benefits for you to choose from- so you can pick a package that's perfect for you.
We also offer flexible working options, global career opportunities across the wider Allianz Group, and fantastic career development and training. That's on top of enjoying all the benefits you'd expect from the world's number one insurance brand, including:
Our Ways of Working
- Competitive annual salary
- Car allowance
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible buy/sell holiday options
- Hybrid working
- Annual performance related bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Development days
- A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
- Retail Discounts.
Do you need some flexibility with the hours you work? Let us know as part of your application and if it's right for our customers, our business and for you, then we'll do everything we can to make it happen.
Here at Allianz, we are signatories of the ABIs flexible working charter. We believe in supporting hybrid work patterns, which balance the needs of our customers, with your personal circumstances and our business requirements. Our aim with this is to help innovation, creativity, and you to thrive - Your work life balance is important to us. Our Purpose and Values We secure your future Be Brave | With Heart | Everyone Counts | Inspiring Trust
Our purpose and values are more than just words on a website - they are the why and how of Allianz. They influence everything we do and guide us how to do it.
Created by our people, for our people, they shape our culture, bring us together, and inspire us to be the best. Building on inclusive culture for us all to succeed.Diversity & Inclusion
At Allianz, we value diversity and inclusion and back this up with our accreditations, Allianz is EDGE certified for gender inclusion, members of the Women in Finance Charter, a Disability Confident employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion members, signatories of Business in the Community's Race at Work Charter, and an Armed Forces Covenant gold standard employer.
We recognise the strength of neurodiversity in the workplace, and the far-reaching benefits of embracing a spectrum of thinking styles and innovative capabilities. We proudly welcome applications from neurodivergent and disabled candidates, and can offer tailored adjustments to remove barriers and set you up for success in your career.
At Allianz, we encourage our people to advocate for what they need, we listen, and we act - this could include providing assistive technology, ergonomic specialist equipment, mentoring and coaching, or flexibility in the way you work, among a wide range other adjustments.Join us - Let's Care for Tomorrow.