H&M is a fashion brand that offers the latest styles and inspiration, from fashion pieces and unique designer collaborations to affordable wardrobe essentials. Our business idea is fashion & quality at the best price in a sustainable way. Learn more about H&M here.
As the Hub Controller for BT India Hub, you will be responsible for overseeing the financial and operational aspects of Business Tech entity within the country/region. This role requires you to provide financial leadership, strategic analysis, and governance to drive the success of our technology operations. You will play a key role in ensuring financial accuracy, managing budgets, and fostering a collaborative environment.
- Ensure the correctness of accounting and finance activities within the technology entity.
- Collaborate with the Accounting Manager to guarantee the accuracy of monthly financial statements and annual financial statements.
- Manage liquidity and cash flow effectively.
- Act as the main contact for auditors and tax advisors, working closely with the Accounting Manager.
- Establish and ensure audit-relevant routines for compliance.
- Oversee and initiate tendering of contracts with external vendors as needed.
- Play a significant role in risk assessment and ensure legal compliance within the technology entity.
Leadership and Team Development:
- Create an environment that enables high-performance teams and individuals.
- Identify and develop talent to build a diverse and forward-looking technology organization.
- Foster collaboration and strengthen the team, emphasizing a culture of teamwork.
- Lead by example and embody the company values, emphasizing collaboration and teamwork.
- Act as a role model for your team and other controllers, actively supporting their development and motivation towards achieving their goals.
Strategic Analysis and Governance:
- Provide short and long-term macro-economic analysis and prognosis for the technology entity within the country/region.
- Offer suggestions and action plans to set and drive impactful technology strategies.
- Strengthen robust governance for consistent high performance in all aspects of the technology scope.
- Build positive relationships with stakeholders through strong formal and informal leadership abilities and effective communication.
- Advocate for your ideas, even when facing more experienced individuals in the organization.
Continuous Improvement and Collaboration:
- Take proactive initiatives within the Controlling group.
- Form partnerships with the Global Controllers group to develop best practices and improve controlling methods and tools.
- Actively promote a collaborative environment within your team by sharing best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field; a Master's degree is preferred.
- Extensive experience in financial control, preferably within the technology or retail sector.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of team development.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication and stakeholder management skills.
- A deep understanding of key business drivers in the technology sector and the ability to design and deliver appropriate financial solutions.
- Familiarity with risk assessment, legal compliance, and audit procedures.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a multicultural environment.
This is a full-time position based in Bangalore.
Apply by sending in your CV in English as soon as possible. Due to data policies, we only accept applications through career page.
We offer all our employees at H&M Group attractive benefits with extensive development opportunities around the globe. All our employees receive a staff discount card, usable on all our H&M Group brands in stores and online. Brands covered by the discount are H&M (Beauty and Move included), COS, Weekday, Monki, H&M HOME, & Other Stories, ARKET, Afound. In addition to our staff discount, all our employees are included in our H&M Incentive Program - HIP. You can read more about our H&M Incentive Program here.
In addition to our global benefits, all our local markets offer different competitive perks and benefits. Please note that they may differ between employment type and countries.
Inclusion & Diversity
H&M is a part of H&M Group. At H&M Group, we're determined to create and maintain inclusive, diverse and equitable workplaces throughout our organisation. Our teams should consist of a variety of people that share and combine their knowledge, experience and ideas. Having a diverse workforce leads to a positive impact on how we address challenges, on what we perceive possible and on how we choose to relate to our colleagues and customers all over the world. Hence all diversity dimensions are taken into consideration in our recruitment process.
We strive to have a fair and equal process and therefore kindly ask you not to attach a cover letter in your application as they often contain information that easily can trigger unintentional biases.