Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organizations in the world, with operations in 62 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realize their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of DBS Control Testing Manger.
- Plan and lead fieldwork of control testing reviews to ensure timely delivery of the Testing plan whilst minimizing disruption to DBS stakeholders.
- Oversee team of professional control testers to ensure work delivered is of required quality and meets all internal and external standards
- Assess the design effectiveness, operational effectiveness and associated continuous monitoring plans of DBS Controls
- Work closely with key stakeholders (e.g. Control Owners, CCOs, etc.) to agree control testing outcomes and assist with establishing remediation plans
- Analyze observations identified by testers, apply judgement to define issues, propose creative and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues
- Identify solutions for a variety of complex and unique control issues, utilizing complex judgement and sophisticated analytical thought
- Partner with wider DBS CCO team to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues
- Provide expertise and guidance on control testing across CCO and applying critical judgment and decision making in relation to the identification and publication of control testing findings through identifying the key risks and issues
- Graduate/Post graduate in any discipline with strong academic background
- Demonstrable knowledge in control testing and risk management, internal control, or internal audit preferably within a financial / banking services operations environment
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant experience in control testing, Internal Audit, Internal Controls and Risk assessment. Experience in Financial Service industry or an external audit firm is desirable.
- Risk or Audit qualifications (CRISC, CISM, CISA, CISSP, CIA or equivalent) are desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Self-starter and effective collaborator
- Proven project / process management experience
- Innovative and able to assess needs and propose solutions
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to influence without direct management authority
- Strong team player.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above. Due to the urgent hiring need, candidates with immediate right to work locally and no relocation need will be prioritized.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.