Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
Why join us?
- To assist in managing the Financial Management and MI reporting function for GBM COO - GM Operations across all functions and regions. The role is responsible for Finance business partnering with GBM senior management including MI reporting and analytics. This includes ensuring the financial reporting continues to meet the needs of senior management, including global head of GBM COO - GM Operations, offshore functional heads and other members of GBM COO office. The primary function of this position is to manage the production and reporting of accurate Financial Reports and to provide relevant & timely information to aid business decisions. Particular attention must be paid to quality of the data to ensure accuracy of the information delivered to senior leadership group.
- Reporting takes the form of financial performance at a GM Operations Group, regional, country, offshore site and customer group / global business level. Monitoring and reporting of global KPIs including direct costs, customer charges, recharges / recoveries and FTE.
- The position is also responsible for leading and coordinating the planning and forecasting activities for GBM COO Office within GBM Finance, including Group defined ROPs/AOPs/LEs as well as any business led interim forecasting.
The role will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing financial governance and control covering:
- Establishment of financial controls and procedures, providing dynamic financial reporting during periods of change. Support in converting the financial reporting and management proposals into operational processes on an ongoing basis
- Operational management of the ongoing process of receiving core financial data, analyzing and reconciling with regional financial reports, producing monthly reports of volumes and charges for various locations and businesses, collating and verifying headcount data, comparison to plan and analysis of related costs
- Project management to develop and enhance the process - such as planning, scheduling, controlling tasks, communication.
- Business analysis - analyzing existing processes, procedures and workflows, working closely with the onshore and offshore teams to ensure that a consistent and sustainable process is followed
- Interfacing - will be the responsible for all financial aspects of GBM COO office - GM Operations, and will support the team in the UK in providing accurate financial information on a timely & regular basis.
- Effectively communicate with various functions of GBM GM Operations and other parts of Global Banking & Markets for information gathering, query resolution and follow-ups.
What you'll do:
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Impact on the Business - Support
- Responsible for the reporting of results and business decision support to the Global and Offshore heads of GBM COO - become a trusted business partner
- Proactively manage the planning / forecasting process, including coordination of all GBM Finance specific communication and initial review and challenge of site submission as well as looking for ways to streamline this process.
- Provide support to the GBM COO UK Finance team in the forecasting / planning process for Onshore locations and Cost Allocation.
- Provide ad hoc support to senior business and finance management on GBM COO - wide requests using MI and KPIs.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Establish and maintain effective relationship with onshore business partners in order to stay close to financial reporting requirements, identify areas of reporting improvement
- Provide insight and analysis that drives business decisions for GBM COO - GM Operations and Finance senior management teams.
- Liaison with key business representatives from GBM COO - GM Operations and the regional Finance teams to drive globally consistent, accurate and timely MI to meet business requirements and exceed expectations.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key Global and Group information sources. Co-ordinate timing and monitor & control quality of information received to ensure focused and relevant reporting.
- Provide direction and updates to GBM Finance and play a key role in the LE and AOP process.
- Ensure appropriate mechanisms are in place to identify reporting issues and implement effective solutions to maintain client satisfaction
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Effectively manage and support change programmes to achieve business goals.
- Increase use of re-engineering and automation across end to end processes to drive efficiency.
- Provide effective control and risk management within the relevant operational disciplines.
- Implement effective business contingency plans in line with group policies and business partner requirements.
- Develop effective communication with Global Service Centre to promote GBM business aims and share best practice across all locations
- Achieving complete alignment of COO Office Costs Schedules and GBM TM1 (internal reporting system) for both costs and FTE. Ensuring there is only one set of numbers is critical to success.
- The profile of management reporting has increased with both executive demands for information and the level of scrutiny, driving the challenge of developing relevant, actionable MI.
- Influencing and persuasion skills are required to articulate the key messages, and while there are a small number of direct reports, there is a need to develop management skills to gain cooperation of regional and offshore teams.
- Interacting with multiple Finance teams across the globe to establish a successful and robust way of query resolution and information exchange.
- Management reporting must meet the complex day to day requirements using existing tools, and strong analytical and relationship management skills whilst continuing to develop policies, reporting frameworks and systems that will meet future business demands.
- Business and customer needs to be taken into consideration while proactively safeguarding and ensuring the highest standard of accuracy and compliance with Financial FIM guidelines within GBM.
- Need to be flexible to balance risk and control. Provide solid support and constructive advice to all stakeholders.
What you will need to succeed in the role:
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Exceptional analytical skills, supported by excellent data management skills (primarily excel)
- Excellent financial management and governance skills
- Commercially minded and customer focused.
- Flexible and responsive to changes with a strong commitment to high standards.
- Ability to work well in a high pressure environment and manage priorities effectively.
- Drive and commitment. Tenacious with sound judgment.
- Well-developed presentation and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to convey complex information in a clear and straightforward manner.
- Experience of working with senior cross-border teams.
- All applicants must have successfully completed their probation period.
- Employees must meet performance and behavioral standards as defined in the policy
- All L6 applicants should have served at least 24 months and should have successfully completed respective learning curve tenure, in their current role as on closing date.
- Applicant should not be on a corrective action plan/ disciplinary action in the last 6 months or any other performance action as on the date of application.
- Application form should be submitted along with the current CV
- All applicants should inform their respective Line Managers of their application.
- All the completed applications should be submitted on or before the closing date.
- The Company reserves the right to change any terms and conditions related to employment, mentioned in the Offer Letter and the Rules and Regulations governing the conduct of the employee in the Company. Such change would be intimated by the Company through an internal communication to the employees at large.
- Graduate in Finance and management accounting
- Post graduate qualification - CA/MBA/ICWA or other such equivalent desirable.
- MS Office and Database management skills.
You'll achieve more at HSBC
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role."
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
- Issued By HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD*