Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
Why join us?
- Markets Securities Services - Accounting control is a division of Global Banking and Markets responsible for data integrity and ensures traded products (Derivative and Non-Derivative) are correctly accounted and disclosed in financial statements. Accounting control supports London, New York, Honk Kong and Paris regions.
- The Accounting Control team structure is aligned to the Markets trading groups. There are three Business aligned teams for London region (Global Debt Market, Equities/Internal Group Reconciliation and GFX/Market Treasury) and three regional teams Hong Kong, Paris, New York and Paris BSS team based out of Manila. Each team performs reconciliations for the respective regions in a multi-shift set-up. This role is to manage a multi-region with different financial product reconciliations within Accounting Control. The role is a people manager and subject matter expert involving local team as well as senior stakeholder management in Product Control, IT, Operations & Change Management.
What you'll do:
- Manage a team responsible for offshored activities of Accounting Control
- Deliver timely and accurate daily and periodic reporting with high degree of governance and auditable controls
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of Markets business and processes
- Grow OP footprint by showcasing high quality service delivery and centralization benefits, especially productivity improvements
- Understand and actively engage with stakeholder needs and manage expectations
- Influence and escalate customer issues in an effective way to ensure timely resolution
- Timely and appropriate response to queries and requests
- Motivate and manage a team of finance professionals taking into account attritions, band progression, contingencies and expectations plus act as an individual contributor as & when required.
- Manage sourcing and hiring quality people into the team both internally and externally
- Establish and meeting challenging PLAs
- Adherence to Group policies, audit, controls, and compliance requirements including but not limited to
- declaration of secrecy, data protection act, health, safety and security, information security, clear desk policy
- Continually assess the operational risks inherent in the processes, taking account of changing operating procedures, staff movements, legal and regulatory requirements, management restructures, and the impact of new technology.
- Effectively manage change, plan staff contingencies and achieve cross-training
- Ensuring BCP (business continuity plan) is documented, agreed and tested as per agreed timelines
- Ensure all SOPs (standard operating procedures) are in place and updated appropriately
- Ensure Global Resourcing operating framework taking into account key operational risk (including people & processes) and ways to mitigate
- Manage Accounting control processes in accordance with the group's FIM reporting requirements
What you will need to succeed in the role:
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent accounting qualification, MBA (Finance) from a leading management institution with at least 5+ years of experience
- Experience in managing high end Accounting or Reporting & Analysis or finance and accounting activities
- Experience in reconciling & substantiating traded markets products e.g. FX, fixed income, equities and derivatives
- Strong accounting knowledge, including exposure to IFRS accounting.
- Experience in people management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exposure to diverse/multi-culture work environments with strong organization, time management and prioritization skills
- Technically proficient in systems and in MS Office, particularly Excel. Knowledge of other platforms such as PC Portal, TLM, AssureNET and Saracen would be advantageous.
- Experience in Six Sigma/Lean methodology will be an advantage
- Comfortable managing a team which operates across multiple shifts, from HK to NY
What additional skills will be good to have?
- Experience of migrating processes including remote migrations
You'll achieve more at HSBC
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role."
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
- Issued By HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD*