Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organizations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realize their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role Manager - Finance Operations GSC's.
- Supporting the GFA team in developing best in class statistical/analytical models and deploying these across various products & portfolios for internal and regulatory stress testing programs
- Hands-on involvement across the various stages of modeling life cycle like defining model scope to model development, validation, testing, documentation, scenario analysis etc.
- Translate model outputs into forecasted business outcomes and explain them to business stakeholders
- Providing analytical solutions by drawing linkages between model outcomes, portfolio specific nuances and internal and external regulations
- Supporting development and deployment of new tools and modelling techniques - Python, R, Machine Learning solutions, cloud (preferred) to live business problems on a day-to-day basis.
- Drive business benefits through self-initiated projects. Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in modeling. Ability to work hands-on on analysis, projects and coach peer/ junior analysts on technical (SAS, Python, R, excel, data understanding, modelling techniques) and/or functional areas.
- Ensure adherence with all the applicable compliance policies (Data security policy, AML, operational risk, Functional manual, Group Compliance Manual, Audit recommendations, Internal Control requirements, regulatory guidelines etc.) and business standards of Organization as applicable. Take timely action on Audit comments and be able to demonstrate compliance with Internal controls
- Stay on top of changing regulatory needs, reporting standards and understand their impact on the models
- Work with multiple stakeholders/functions on multiple projects simultaneously and deliver in a timely, efficient and effective manner, while understanding the overall objective.
- Manage relationship with key stakeholders in the Business (Onshore and Offshore) to build confidence in team, facilitate migration of additional responsibilities to team and enable stakeholder's investment in development of the team
- Effective Relationship management with stakeholders, managing service delivery
- Continuous engagement with stakeholders on evolving business and functional requirements to work towards standardization in line with group organizational initiatives
- Establishing an effective and robust communication channel with multiple stakeholders to ensure timely flow of information and continuous feedback mechanism
- Monitoring and review of all projects with stakeholders to ensure that all stated SLAs are met.
- Influence and escalate key issues in an effective way to ensure timely resolution.
- Actively support in maintaining an environment within the team which fosters knowledge sharing and open forums.
- Develop the soft skills and technical competency by putting together personal development plans and working proactively on them.
- Ensure all standard processes are correctly and thoroughly documented in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Maintain service delivery of the designated finance processes per the standards set out in agreed SLAs within the HSBC operating framework taking into account key operational risk (including people & processes).
- Continuous review of processes with the objective of improving the service delivery timeframes and identify areas of improvement.
- Adherence to Group policies, audit, controls, and compliance requirements including but not limited to declaration of secrecy, data protection act, health, safety and security, clear desk policy.
- To continually assess the operational risks inherent in the processes, taking account of changing operating procedures, staff movements, legal and regulatory requirements, management restructures, and the impact of new technology.
- Effectively drive and manage change, plan business contingency and achieve cross-training.
- Ensuring business continuity plan is documented, agreed with business partner and tested as per agreed timelines
- 2/3+ years of prior experience in Modeling, Data analytics and large data handling in a financial services firm
- Masters or Ph. D in Economics, Statistics, Engineering, MBA or equivalent
- Relevant experience in analytics specifically in the fields such as Credit Risk Modeling, Stress Testing, CCAR/ PPNR, Loss Forecasting, Reserving, IFRS 9, CECL etc. for a Banking organization
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving and project management skills
- Ability to comprehend intricate and diverse range of business problems and analyze them with limited or complex data and provide a feasible solution framework.
- Excellent quantitative aptitude and proficiency in tools such as SAS/ sequel, R, Python (essential) etc.
- Commercial acumen - good knowledge of Banking product and its dynamics, conceptual soundness of related financial ratios, P&L and drivers.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams with strong interpersonal skills and drive for success.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to develop and effectively communicate complex concepts and ideas.
- Strong relationship management skills across a diverse organization, especially with senior management
- Must have excellent attention to detail and work within tight deadlines ensuring a complete and accurate flow of information's between stakeholders.
You'll achieve more at HSBC
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role."
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
- Issued By HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD*