About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Risk Analytics Consultant...
The candidate will be a Lead Risk Analytics Consultant in the ERA Business Analysis & Intelligence Team. This team is responsible for the production of Enterprise risk reporting and the execution of control activities related to report production. The team is also responsible for designing, developing, testing, and documenting activities related to key enterprise risk reports. This role will interface with Domain Risk lines across Wells Fargo, Data Management, Governance, and Innovation team(s) and produce documents that include but are not limited to Business Requirements Documents and existing reporting guides. This role will be responsible for producing financial regulatory exposure reporting, conduct User Acceptance Testing of reports for technology releases and prepare daily risk report monitoring. The Consultant will also own reporting for new regulations, monitoring new risks for ad-hoc requests, and documentation. An understanding of Data Governance, BCBS 239 reporting principles, and internal Wells Fargo policies and oversight groups including G&O standards and artifacts will assist in maintaining regulatory compliance standards.In this role, you will:
- Design and build rich data visualizations to communicate complex ideas and automate reporting and controls.
- Create and interpret Business Intelligence data (Reporting, Basic Analytics, Predictive Analytics and Prescriptive Analytics) combined with business knowledge to draw supportable conclusions about current and future risk levels.
- Work on complex initiatives related to business analysis, including those that are cross functional, with broad impact, and act as key participant in data aggregation, monitoring, and reporting of stress testing and portfolio analysis for Risk Analytics.
- Becomes a SME in the Reporting, Data Quality check elements, technology infrastructure utilized, and fully understands the metadata and lineage from DQ report to source data.
- To demonstrate the ability to identify and implement areas of opportunities for quality assurance, data validation, analytics and data aggregation to improve overall reporting efficiencies.
- Creating and executing the UAT test cases, logging the defects and managing the defects till closure.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, less experienced to more experienced managers, to resolve production, project, and regulatory issues, and achieve risk analysts, and common modeling goals.
- Create, analyze, and solve data defect tickets based on data problems and issues, stepping back to understand the broader context and providing detailed root cause analysis.
- 8+ years of experience SQL, Teradata, and or Hadoop experience.
- 5+ years of experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Alteryx, Workiva or Power BI applications.
- 5 years of experience in data analysis and reporting.
- 5 years of experience in risk (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk).
- Experience researching and resolving data problems and working with technology teams on remediation of data issues.
Posting End Date:
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Experience with hands-on risk reporting and intelligence
- Ability to develop and maintain data documentation including Governance and Oversight (G&O) artifacts
- Ability to perform in-depth analytics (both Ad-hoc and structured) and provide reporting or results to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience, understanding, and knowledge of financial exposures such as: Deposits, Direct Credit, Debt and Equity Securities, Derivatives, and SFTs
- Experience working across Finance, Basel, Counterparty, Market and Credit Risk domains
- Ability to think creatively to synthesize recommendations for the remediation and reconcilement of reporting data
- Strong validation and reconciliation competencies, data mining and intellectual curiosity
- Strong writing skills - proven ability to translate data sets and conclusions drawn from analysis into business/executive format and language
- Strong presentation skills and ability to translate actionable results simplistically
6 Feb 2024We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US:All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit.Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our to learn more.
Skills: Sql, Risk, Hadoop, Tableau, Alteryx, Power Bi, Data Mining, Audit, Data Analysis, Operational, Teradata, Credit Risk, Legal, Validation, Market Risk, Derivatives, Writing Skills, Deposits, Presentation Skills, Business Intelligence, Compliance, Reconciliation
Experience: 5.00-8.00 Years