About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Risk Analytics Consultant...
The candidate will be a Lead Risk Analytics Consultant in the Regulatory Validation and Oversight (RV&O) team. This team is responsible for independent testing and oversight of all Enterprise Risk Aggregation (ERA) functional teams process and their control execution activities. The team is also responsible for Policy change review and provide governance & audit support. This role is responsible for independent testing of controls to assess their effectiveness in mitigating risks and ensuring a robust control environment. Perform process execution testing to evaluate the efficiency and accuracy of key business processes. An understanding of control framework, compliance testing, with some experience in regulatory interpretations, and internal Wells Fargo policies and oversight groups including G&O standards and artifacts will assist in maintaining regulatory compliance standards.In this role, you will:
- Responsible for independent testing of controls design and effectiveness of control in mitigating risks and ensuring a robust control environment.
- Perform process execution testing to evaluate the efficiency and accuracy of key business processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather relevant information and documentation for testing purposes.
- Develop and maintain testing plans, ensuring comprehensive coverage of relevant compliance and control areas.
- Analyze and interpret testing results, providing meaningful insights and recommendations to enhance control frameworks.
- Responsible for policy alignment reviews.
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes, enterprise policy change and industry best practices to continuously improve testing methodologies.
- Document and communicate findings, working closely with stakeholders to address identified issues and implement corrective actions.
- Proficiency in using reporting tools such as Tableau, Alteryx or Power BI applications
- 9+ years' experience in independent testing of controls, policy review and process execution testing.
- 5 years of experience in banking risk management (includes credit Risk, market risk, operational risk, legal, compliance).
- Familiarity with control frameworks and the ability to design and execute control tests.
- Strong understanding of regulatory and enterprise policies and requirements.
- Solid knowledge of process execution testing methodologies.
- Understanding of database concepts and SQL queries.
- Proficiency in using BI tools such as Tableau, Alteryx or Power BI applications.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills to convey complex findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic environment.
Posting End Date:
- Proficiency in using Teradata database
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperatives
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with hands-on risk reporting and intelligence
- Ability to develop and maintain data documentation including Governance and Oversight (G&O) artifacts
- Ability to perform in-depth analytics (both Ad-hoc and structured) and provide reporting or results to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience, understanding, and knowledge of financial exposures such as: Deposits, Direct Credit, Debt and Equity Securities, Derivatives, and SFTs
- Strong presentation skills and ability to translate actionable results simplistically.
6 Feb 2024We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US:All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.Applicants with Disabilities
To request a medical accommodation during the application or interview process, visit.Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our to learn more.
Skills: Sql, Risk Management, Regulatory Compliance, Database Concepts, Tableau, Alteryx
Experience: 5.00-9.00 Years