FinanceJob Family Group:
Finance GroupJob Summary:
We're now ready to build a strong team for our new GBS center. If you have a digital-first mindset and a passion for creating effortless customer experiences, you will thrive here. Put your aptitude for solving complex business challenges with innovative digital solutions to work, while ensuring that safe and ethical work practices are adhered to. Above all, you will be backed by a culture that encourages curiosity, creativity and collaboration. Let's hear from you.
The Fixed Asset and Lease Accounting Hub Team is the main contact point within the Group for all Fixed Asset and Lease Accounting related issues. The Asset Accounting Analyst will support the Asset Accounting Team Lead to ensure that the Fixed Asset and Lease Accounting processes are compliant with the Group Policies and Procedures. Specifically, they will support the delivery of 'silent running', ccurate and timely recording of all Fixed Asset and Lease Accounting transactions and processing in the ledgers. They are responsible for the resolution of outstanding reconciliation issues. Coaching team members and supporting change within the Fixed Asset and Lease Accounting team in the drive for exceptional partner service, operational excellence & compliance.Job Description:
- Delivery of Fixed Asset Accounting with capitalization
- Processing of disposals incl. preparation of disposal journals.
- Period end close (monthly, quarterly, year-end) - transfer of assets under construction to addition
to fixed assets.
- Ensuring proper accounting treatment, particularly with regard to fixed assets management in SL,
- Verification and handling of adjusting entries and transfers for capital expenditures.
- Screen and review inferior assets, preparation and booking of transfer posting documents.
- Process depreciation in terms of local GAAP and IFRS with appropriate sense check and analyse
- Ensuring that all asset movements are compliant with BP Policy & Authorities (Group Reporting
Manual), local GAAP and IFRS.
- Ensuring compliance with 'Component Accounting'.
- Allocation of purchase requisition, handling of purchase requisition for capital expenditures local
GAAP and IFRS, account assignment and clearance PM-orders for capital expenditures).
- Fixed Assets master data processing
- Establishment and maintenance of projects and associated data and reporting
- Reconciliation of accounts, preparation of quarterly reports and ad hoc reports.
- Ensuring the right assignment of assets to the functional entities through monitoring activities
and reconciliation of fixed assets ledger.
Essential Education And Experience
- Query handling for capital expenditures.
- Deliver compliant services in line with period end close deliverables
- Share knowledge within the wider team hold training on process changes
- Partner with and support all members of the Hub Team to deliver process silent running, continuous system and process improvements, analyze and resolve the root cause of problems.
- Support projects and connect related areas to drive process improvements.
- Maintain appropriate fixed asset and lease accounting system documentation
- Support team mailboxes used for user queries on all fixed asset and lease accounting issues.
- Identification and resolution of internal control gaps
- Facilitation and maintenance of internal and external business relationships
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Strong Experience with Microsoft Excel (data manipulation and validation)
- Demonstrated competencies in the areas of process improvement
- 3 -5 years of experience in the areas of analytical skills, numeracy and financial awareness
- Demonstrated proficiency with SAP
- Ability to meet month-end close and other deadlines
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills - attention to detail
- Team-focused, results oriented
- Ability to work with deadlines, under pressure with a track record of delivery.
- Partner and service-oriented thinking.
- Demonstrated fixed asset and lease accounting experience
- Knowledge of G/L's, Income Statements, Balance Sheets
- Communication-verbal & written
- Working with a global mind-set
- General accounting experience
- Experience with financial reconciliations
Negligible travel should be expected with this roleRelocation Assistance:
This role is eligible for relocation within countryRemote Type:
This position is a hybrid of office/remote workingSkills:
Accounting policy, Accounting policy, Accounting processes and financial systems, Agility core practices, Agility tools, Analytical Thinking, Business Acumen, Business process control, Business process improvement, Collaboration, Commercial acumen, Communication, Creativity and Innovation, Credit Management, Customer centric thinking, Data Analysis, Data visualization and interpretation, Decision Making, Digital fluency, Financial accounting and reporting, Influencing, Internal control and compliance, Management Reporting, Managing change, Presenting + 4 moreLegal Disclaimer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp's recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.
Skills: Sap, Influencing, Accounting Policy, Business Process Improvement, Communication, Analytical Thinking, Management Reporting, Business Acumen, Credit Management, Collaboration, Data Analysis, Microsoft Excel, Decision Making
Experience: 3.00-5.00 Years