FinanceJob Family Group:
Finance GroupJob Summary:
Responsible for delivering accounting and reporting services, using sound technical capabilities to ensure the integrity and effectiveness of accounting policy application, internal control, financial reporting, accounting systems support and delivery of financial accounting processes in conformance with BP's systems and requirements.Job Description:
As the GBS organisation continues to grow and accommodates more, it has the opportunity to deliver additional value in five core areas:
- Risk and control: Enhancing BP's business and system controls through improved governance and implementation of global process designs, systems templates and control frameworks.
- Process effectiveness: Increasing cash and working capital delivery; improved process effectiveness and reliability through delivering an accurate outcome first time.
- Process efficiency: Driving commonality of global processes and building these into standard templates to be incorporated into our ERP systems implementations and our continuous improvement activities across operational processes.
- Quality service: Delivering enhanced customer services to the businesses we serve and BPs customers, through our well-trained, professional people.
- Capability: Developing future leaders for the organisation through talent management BP and career mapping and developing deep expertise in the domain of process.
- Purpose of the role is to be the primary point of contact / focal point within GBS for the specific ARC processes. (cost management, allocation, group close, ADD/SUP reporting, audit support, performance reporting, FBW submissions)
- Senior Analyst will coordinate the relationships with in-country Finance team, auditors and central teams.
- Incumbent will build and lead an ARC team and provide accounting and reporting support to the business.
- Incumbent will lialise with the finance stakeholders to ensure the completeness of books, and group reports.
- Incumbent will be accountable for sustaining the compliance and integrity of accounting and reporting processes assigned to the GBS.
- Manage the interface with related roles performed in the outsourced service provider and external audit.
- Accountable for building capability and supporting change within the Group ARC team in the drive for exceptional customer service, operational excellence & compliance
- Work timings US hours (non-month end: 3:00pm to 12:00am and during month end: 6:00pm to 3:00am IST)
Experience And Essential Criteria
- Establish strong relationship with business stakeholders to ensure smooth operations and successful project delivery
- Make accounting decisions in line with DOFA limits
- Adhering with the tasks outlined in the QMS Systems of GBSE
- Coach and develop members of the team and coordinate team activities
- Support Business clients in understanding their General Ledger and Group reporting.
- Ensure timely and accurate Group Accounts submissions and drive for consistent improvement of Key Performance Indicators (Post Gait Adjustments; Intercompany differences) and higher quality Group Accounts reviews
- Ensure the team fully complies with the Balance Sheet Integrity standard and reports on a timely and correct basis to the Internal Control team on ledgers for which the team is responsible
- Work with the GBS Europe Internal Control team to maintain Control Evaluation
- Templates owned within the team current, perform periodic self assessment activities and facilitate internal and external audit review
- Provide effective support to system transformations in all phases of the project
- Experience of managing teams
- Relevant 10+ years finance and accounting experience
- 2- 3 years finance lead, team leader or audit manager experience
- Recognised accounting qualification (University degree, optional: ACCA and tax advisor certificate)
- Able to manage multiple/conflicting priorities with a strong track record of delivery against tight deadlines
- Strong talent management skills
- Innovation and change management competencies
- Ability to align operational and project management tasks and priorities
- Customer- and service-oriented thinking
- Readiness for action and ability to work under pressure,
- Self-confident appearance in relations to the internal and outside world
- Strong communication and cooperation skills
No travel is expected with this roleRelocation Assistance:
This role is eligible for relocation within countryRemote Type:
This position is a hybrid of office/remote workingSkills:
Accounting for financial instruments, Accounting for financial instruments, Accounting policy, Accounting processes and financial systems, Agility core practices, Agility tools, Analytical Thinking, Analytics, Business process control, Business process improvement, Collaboration, Commercial acumen, Commercial assurance for external reporting, Communication, Creativity and Innovation, Credit Management, Curiosity, Customer centric thinking, Data Analysis, Data visualization and interpretation, Decision Making, Digital Automation, Digital fluency, Financial accounting and reporting, Influencing + 5 moreLegal Disclaimer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp's recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.
Skills: Influencing, Accounting Policy, Business Process Improvement, Communication, Analytical Thinking, Analytics, Credit Management, Collaboration, Curiosity, Data Analysis, Decision Making
Experience: 2.00-10.00 Years