About The Team
Market Risk Management (MRM) team in Bangalore is an integral part of the wider Group Solvency & Financial Risk Management (SFRM) team looking at the financial market risk of the asset portfolio. MRM Bangalore is primarily responsible for governance and analytic development for Global MRM. It is also heavily involved in thematic/analytical projects and senior management reporting.
Team members are located in New York, London and Zurich and work in a synchronized manner. As a Market Risk Analyst, you will have the opportunity to contribute to our risk management process by reviewing Asset Management's investment mandates as part of its overall portfolio and the effect on Group risk tolerance.About The Role
The role offers the opportunity to join a team which plays a key role in financial market risk management, in an open and collaborative global reinsurance company. As a reinsurance company, Swiss Re uses its risk knowledge to allocate capital to the most attractive and diversified risk pools and actively optimize our portfolio of assets and liabilities. Your primary focus will be to support global market risk managers to develop risk solutions and provide risk oversight. You will be engaged in in-depth analysis of group financial exposure, scenario analysis, stress testing. You will also be developing tools and systems to improve automation of market risk controls and data analysis and continually improve data visualisation by using R or Python.
- In-depth analysis on the Group's financial market risk exposures and associated risk metrics and controls
- Supporting lead managers in providing risk oversight, providing actionable feedback on events, positions and issues which impact the risk profile of the Group
- Maintaining and reviewing key risk metrics like stress, shortfall, VaR and methodologies to quantify/capture financial market risks.
- Stress testing and building new scenarios to consider shifting market conditions
- Work with senior portfolio managers on emerging risks, consideration for market trends and ongoing monitoring of the portfolio and evaluating hedging strategies
- Conduct market risk assessments by following market trends, carrying out stand-alone, thematic or cross-asset analyses emphasizing potential impact and drivers of risk.
- Contribute to the formal risk key committees including Financial Markets Risk Council, Market Risk Forum and Senior Risk Council-Finance
- Contribute in production of senior management reporting, providing risk oversight and associated analysis
- Collaborate with other Market Risk Management colleagues on the improvement of risk reports, both conceptually and through implementation, to provide better risk insights
- Undergraduate: B. Tech/any mathematical discipline / economics.
- Post-graduate: MBA / Economics / M. Tech (useful, but not necessary).
- Professional qualifications: CFA /FRM (considered beneficial)
- 2-4 years of experience in Quantitative / Risk management / Treasury / Asset management role in financial institution
About Swiss Re
- Self-starter with good knowledge of capital markets modelling and experience in quantitative finance with strong analytical skills
- Proficient in MS excel and possess strong data-visualisation capabilities using excel and/or power pivot. Practical experience of coding in R, Python, VBA or other programming languages is a definite plus.
- Familiar with statistical modelling, derivative pricing theory and/or numerical methods
- Strong communication skills are required as reporting and presenting analysis is a core part of the job.
- Possess proactive attitude and willingness to apply general technical knowledge to new situations.
- Good organisational skills, ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines is a pre-requisite for the role.
- You are Interested in working in an international and multicultural environment and willing to develop career in Risk Management
Swiss Re is one of the world's leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. We cover both Property & Casualty and Life & Health. Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise, we create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 14,000 employees across the world.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. We embrace a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their passion for sustainability.Keywords
Skills: Organisational Skills, Treasury, Asset Management, Quantitative, Vba, Statistical Modelling, Ms Excel, Risk Management, Python, Communication Skills
Experience: 2.00-4.00 Years