Moody's is a developmental culture where we value candidates who are willing to grow. So, if you are excited about this opportunity but don't meet every single requirement, please apply! You may be a perfect fit for this role or other open roles.
Moody's is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions.
At Moody's, we're taking action. We're hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We're educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity
Financial Data Analyst performs a range of data, analytical and research services that contribute to the overall credit analysis function performed by the structured finance rating groups. Prospective candidates will have a basic knowledge of financial statements and financial terms. The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong organizational skills, demonstrate attention to detail as well as their ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
Being part of the Data & Analytics function provides a unique opportunity to foster skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry. This will be an internally facing role, reporting into the team managerResponsibilities:
Perform analysis to support ratings, research, analytical outreach. Examples of work include:
- Apply MIS' standards to existing data in order to produce valuable inputs into the rating and research process, including Moody's adjusted data, key indicators, ratios, charts and graphs in line with MIS's methodologies
- Perform various data intake tasks, including scrubbing, validating the data for further use in research and ratings
- Responsible for reviewing and understanding financial reports, official statements and other documents related to issuers' performance
- Work directly with ratings and support analysts to understand data capture requirements, adjustments and other information needed by the rating team for ratings and research
- Perform simple calculations and apply judgement for other calculations of data
- Gather data from various sources (sometimes unstructured), update relevant databases, escalate or resolve issues
- Complete simple deliverables such as newsletters, database maintenance, more complex or high profile admin or other ad-hoc support with oversight
- Basic understanding of how data fits into methodologies
- Ability to read, understand and interpret financial metrics reported by rated entities
- Interact with team members, direct managers and limited other stakeholders
- Develop working knowledge of more than one simple project/deliverable with guidance
- Bachelors/Masters in Finance, Business, Accounting or similar field
- Relevant experience of up to 2 years in credit/financial data analysis and interpretation; experience in structured finance will be an added advantage
- Microsoft Office skills, in particular intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Fluency in English with good written and verbal communication skills; good interpersonal skills
- Language skills may be required for certain positions
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
For more information on the Securities Trading Program, please refer to the STP Quick Reference guide on ComplianceNet
Please note: STP categories are assigned by the hiring teams and are subject to change over the course of an employee's tenure with Moody's.
Skills: Communication Skills, Financial Metrics, Accounting, Financial Statements, Credit Analysis, Structured Finance, Data Analysis, Research, Microsoft Excel, Interpersonal Skills
Experience: 0.00-2.00 Years