- Participate in the full transaction lifecycle including formulating financial analysis and preparing pitch documentation and client presentations.
- Directly support senior bankers with day-to-day transaction origination and execution.
- Play an active role in the execution of mandated deals through client advisory work including review of associated legal documents.
- Assist in asset or company due diligence during transactions.
- Prepare detailed analyses of proposed and completed transactions to track developments in a dynamic market.
- Help maintain dialogue with clients through continual marketing and advisory efforts, as well as the preparation of instructive materials and thoughtful analyses.
- Attend client meetings with senior bankers.
- 1-2 years of full-time investment banking experience in front-office M&A or coverage team in an Investment Bank
- Strong excel, financial modelling and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in sell-side M&A would be a plus
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent); Finance or Accounting related studies preferred.
- Strong academic background with a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Math, or closely related areas of Business Administration or a Master's degree in Business Administration or Engineering.
- Experience creating financial models, corporate valuations, and other marketing and transaction documents.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, to actively participate in developing and maintaining productive client relationships.
- Well-developed organizational skills in order to respond to shifting priorities on several simultaneous projects.
Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (''Jefferies,'' ''we,'' ''us'' or ''our'') is a U.S.-headquartered global full service, integrated investment banking and securities firm. Our largest subsidiary, Jefferies LLC, a U.S. broker-dealer, was founded in the U.S. in 1962 and our first international operating subsidiary, Jefferies International Limited, a U.K. broker-dealer, was established in the U.K. in 1986. Our strategy focuses on continuing to build out our investment banking effort, enhancing our capital markets businesses and further developing our Leucadia Asset Management alternative asset management platform. We offer deep sector expertise across a full range of products and services in investment banking, equities, fixed income, asset and wealth management in the Americas, Europe and the Middle East and Asia.
At Jefferies, we believe that diversity fosters creativity, innovation and thought leadership through the infusion of new ideas and perspectives. We have made a commitment to building a culture that provides opportunities for all employees regardless of our differences and supports a workforce that is reflective of the communities where we work and live. As a result, we are able to pool our collective insights and intelligence to provide fresh and innovative thinking for our clients.
Jefferies is an equal employment opportunity employer, and takes affirmative action to ensure that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, genetic information, reproductive health decisions, or any other factor protected by applicable law. We are committed to hiring the most qualified applicants and complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws. As part of this commitment, Jefferies will extend reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities, as required by applicable law.
All employees must follow Jefferies' COVID-19 protocol policy , which is subject to change.
Skills: Financial Analysis, Interpersonal Skills, Presentation Skills, Marketing, Financial Modelling, Organizational Skills, Excel
Experience: 1.00-2.00 Years