: MumbaiStart date
: March 2024Duration
: 6 months (with possibility of conversion to full time role)
Are you passionate about pursuing a career in impact finance KOIS is seeking a Junior Analyst to join the India team
. As part of KOIS's advisory practice, you will be contributing to innovative finance advisory
projects with a diverse range of global organizations to address critical social and environmental challenges.
KOIS is a leading international impact investment and innovative finance advisory firm. We turn projects with high societal and environmental impact into tangible investment propositions for public and private sector clients. We do so by creating innovative financing mechanisms and fund management. We deploy capital in social enterprises and investment funds to generate a financial return, and meaningful and positive impact on society and the environment.
At KOIS, we believe in the power of finance and business - usually in collaboration with public sector and NGOs - to help solve the world's most pressing social and environmental problems. We believe that a radical transformation towards purposeful investment in the private sector can happen. We trust that a paradigm shift towards more outcome-orientated KPIs in the public and philanthropic sectors is possible. We know that collaboration between the for-profit and not-for-profit sectors is the best way to scale impact solutions.
KOIS has two practices: asset management and innovative finance advisory. This position belongs to the innovative finance advisory practice. Our advisory services arm designs, structures, and implements innovative financial solutions responding to key societal issues. We differentiate ourselves by innovating to offer the best fitted financing solution for each project responding to the unique needs and challenges in the sector.
KOIS has a global reach, with a track record spanning over 25 countries across all continents and with offices in Nairobi, Delhi, Mumbai, Brussels, Paris and London.Tasks
As an Innovative Finance Junior Analyst, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work in international teams to develop innovative finance products, including assessing the feasibility of different instruments for the client's problems, designing and structuring instruments and identifying partners and funders to launch an instrument;
- Contribute to the design and structuring of innovative finance products, such as blended finance funds and impact bonds, working in teams to design bespoke instruments for social and environmental issues;
- Conduct problem solving, research and analysis on a range of social and environmental topics related to innovative finance products (e.g., healthcare electrification, sexual reproductive health services, menstrual health and hygiene, refugee education);
- Support our business development efforts by assisting in the creation of presentations, investment pitches, and the research of new investment opportunities.
We are looking for candidates who possess:
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Engineering, Economics, or a related field, with a strong academic record.
- At least 1-2 years of relevant experience in consulting or investment;
- A strong and demonstrable commitment to creating a positive impact.
- An entrepreneurial and proactive work style.
- A rigorous and analytical mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working proficiency in English is required
- Experience in financial analysis and/or consulting is a plus, as well as in-depth knowledge of topics related to KOIS' work
Please submit your application via the JOIN platform. Application requirements include submitting a CV
and a response to the question 'What development challenge would you be most interested to solve in India and why' (300 words max).
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Given the high number of applications, we are able to respond to candidates selected for the first round of interviews only. Candidates shortlisted for interviews will be invited for 3 rounds of interviews to assess bhavioiral components, problem-solving and conceptual thinking skills through case questions.
Employment in our Mumbai office is contingent on the candidate having the requisite authorizations to live and work in India.
Skills: Financial Analysis, Consulting, Powerpoint, Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Investment
Experience: 1.00-2.00 Years