What impact will you make
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you'll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
We are well-known for our innovative and collaborative culture, commitment to delivering outstanding quality service to clients and enabling our people to excel in everything they do. Our Technology Due Diligence team is fully integrated into the 'One Deloitte' agenda and you will often find yourself working on large and exciting cross service line diligence engagements.
Benefiting from high levels of exposure and learning from some of the experienced practitioners in this field, you will expand your skills to grow as a professional in this domain.The Team
The Technology Due Diligence team is a part of the Transaction Services International team and provides advisory & support services to Deloitte members firms' in performing a diverse nature of technological diligence engagements.
The team undertake IT health assessments and exit readiness reviews, support buy-side, sell-side, IPO and re-financing projects. It supports transactions across all industry sectors including Digital, Technology and Financial Services.
The team works as an extension of our Deloitte member firms' M&A Technology team and provide dedicated support throughout the project lifecycle. It often works alongside the Operational diligence teams with Deloitte member firms globally.Work you'll do
A career within Technology Due Diligence will provide a wide & valuable experience in an exciting and dynamic working & learning environment. The role will position you to working as a part of a larger Deloitte Tech DD team and will include the following activities:
- Delivering and reviewing high-quality, transaction reports and other M&A work products
- Undertake IT health assessments and exit readiness reviews, support buy-side, sell-side, IPO and re-financing projects from inception to completion and cover pre-transaction reporting, Day 1 preparation and integration/separation support
- Provide day to day Programme Management Office support on our engagements, assisting IT workstreams to fulfil their programme objectives and deliverables
- Engage with colleagues and client senior management to drive the completion of actions, management of risks and issues and facilitation of decision making
- Research and analysis of IT information including IT cost data, IT contracts and IT qualitative information
- Support the development of key documents for a transaction e.g. Transitional Service Agreements, status reports, SteerCo reports and papers addressing strategic issues
- Managing IT integrations and separations and identify IT synergies/ one-off/ ongoing costs either within a larger team or as an advisor on smaller engagements
- Develop your expertise in reporting to senior executives, facilitating large workshops, benefits tracking, change control and stakeholder management.
- Develop your consulting skills in strategic thinking, programme and change management
- Drawing on knowledge and experience across all aspects of IT in business, providing insightful, deal-relevant points of view and recommendations based on robust analysis.
- Taking ownership for quality and risk management, ensuring that all client work is delivered consistently complying with Deloitte quality and risk rules and guidelines
- Contribute to practice and business development activities e.g. through the development of thought leadership material and/or sales materials
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
As a Deputy Manager, you will have the opportunity to be involved in diverse nature of engagements where you will:
- Support Deloitte member firms' (UK, Canadian and European) Technology DD practice
- Extensively support Deloitte London's market leading M&A Technology, who are c. 120 London-based professionals providing M&A Technology diligence, integration and separation expertise to corporate organizations, Private Equity houses and banks
- Analyze IT architecture of varying complexities for international entities (private and public) of differing sizes operating across a diverse range of industries
- Analyze and interpret IT cost and other relevant data
- Liaise with engagement team members in UK, Canada and Europe as required
- Work towards tight deadlines, adding value to complex and high profile projects
- Demonstrate strong business diagnostic skills and the ability to apply a logical and analytical approach to problem solving
B.Tech / M.Tech / MBA (Systems) or equivalent qualification/experienceSkills Required
In order to be considered for this role, your competencies will cover the broad scope of Technology Due Diligence services, leveraging your professional background and skills such as:
How you'll grow
- Experience of the M&A lifecycle, including writing and reviewing IT Due Diligence and post-merger integration/separation
- IT experience within industry, consulting or professional services environment
- Analysis of business models and development of target operating models
- Developed your skills in a top management consultancy or a corporate environment - preferably both
- Strong report writing and reviewing skills, with an appropriate focus on attention to detail, conciseness and risk management
- Strong excel skills - quick and accurate manipulation of data
- Excellent track record and strong academic achievements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including PowerPoint)
- Proven analytical and business diagnostic skills
- Strong commercial acumen and market awareness
- Interest in working in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a deal environment with staff at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Transaction experience/exposure would be an advantage
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Our purpose
Deloitte is led by a purpose: To make an impact that matters .
Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work-always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to.
To take the next step and join our progressive and motivated team, please contact your campus placement cell.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ('DTTL'), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as 'Deloitte Global') does not provide services to clients. Please see for a more detailed description of DTTL and its member firms.
This communication is for internal distribution and use only among personnel of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, its member firms, and their related entities (collectively, the 'Deloitte network'). None of the Deloitte network shall be responsible for any loss whatsoever sustained by any person who relies on this communication.
© 2018. For information, contact Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited
Skills: Consulting, Excel, Analytical
Experience: 0.00-2.00 Years