About the role:
- Strong and relevant experience in handling an end-to-end local statutory close and reporting for legal entities across valuations for Insurance/Reinsurance companies.
- Independently manage reporting deadlines / timetables to ensure accurate and timely delivery of tasks, using SAP.
- Participate and contribute in meetings with key stakeholders like Finance Managers and Controllers.
- Work closely with other functions located in Bangalore and other locations in identifying and driving the resolution of issues / open items
- Work with local office in Internal and External audit preparations and coordination.
- Undertake thorough and ongoing reviews of processes and documentation to identify areas for improvement and efficiency including internal controls.
- Should be able to take ownership and accountability for the work performed with minimal supervision.
About the team:
Finance Reinsurance teams of Asia are based in 8 different countries across Asia Pacific. The teams are primarily divided into Regional Accounting & Reporting (A&R), Carrier Accounting & Reporting, and Regional Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A).
With Swiss Re's regional head office for Asia domiciled in Singapore as a home office for all Asia branches, the Global Carrier management Asia team continues to grow its capability to fully cover the finance deliverables across all entities in the region. This includes accurate and timely reporting across multiple valuations to the internal governance bodies, including the Swiss Re Asia Ltd. board of directors and management committees, and to the various external regulators across the jurisdictions. The mandate of the team in Bangalore is to work as part of the Global Carrier management Asia teams in delivering those requirements, and continue to evolve in line with the build-up of knowledge within the team and the effective integration between the on-shore regional teams and the local Hub.
Your role will be to undertake the carrier reporting and analysis for one of the 7 jurisdictions and 9 carriers within Asia, and/or across one of the accounting valuations we report under. The target for this team is to produce all carrier reporting and analysis required for regulatory, statutory and internal financial reporting. This needs to be undertaken in an efficient, timely and auditable manner. You will also work closely with your team members in the on-shore regional finance teams across our Asia pacific locations in ensuring smooth delivery.
About Swiss Re
- Chartered Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, CPA, Masters specialized in finance and accounting
- Expertise in international accounting standards preferred (IFRS), familiarity in a multi ledger organisation
- Experience of working with external and internal auditors is preferred. Familiarity with the regulatory environment will be advantageous
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in doing monthly / quarterly / annual close of entities and working closely with Local Entity Accountants / Financial Controllers / CFO
- Insurance / Reinsurance knowledge preferred
- Ability to perform independently and demonstrate ownership and accountability
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Open minded team player and experience in working in virtual teams, under multiple-reporting lines and with people from different backgrounds and cultures
- Hands-on experience with SAP is a plus
Swiss Re is one of the world's leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. We cover both Property & Casualty and Life & Health. Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise, we create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 14,000 employees across the world.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. We embrace a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their passion for sustainability. Keywords:Reference Code:
Skills: Ifrs, Accounting, Insurance, Reinsurance, Communication, Interpersonal Skills, Finance, Sap, Auditing
Experience: 2.00-4.00 Years