This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives-where your purpose accelerates our mission.Scope & Attributes:
At Baxter, around the world, our employees are united by our mission to save and sustain lives. Together, we create a culture that encourages colleagues to pursue rewarding careers - where everyone can do meaningful work as a part of a team they respect, in an environment that values each person's contributions.
Growth & Emerging Markets (GEM) is a diverse region that covers 150 countries covering Asia (including China), Latin America, Middle East, Africa, Eastern Europe and Turkey. GEM is responsible to manage and drive growth for the full Baxter portfolio across these markets.
Strategy & Transformation Office (STO) is a newly created team within GEM that is primarily mandated with:
- Developing the overall strategy, commercial objectives, and priorities for GEM
- Identifying the transformation needs and key initiatives required to drive growth
- Leading and / or supporting the downstream execution of select high-impact strategic initiatives
We are now looking for a Strategy Analyst to support the STO Leader and the GEM Senior Leadership Team (SLT) in shaping and driving the GEM transformation. Primarily, you will conduct detailed financial and commercial analysis to offer actionable insights that influence key decisions and impact the strategic direction of the business. You will also be actively involved in developing and driving the GEM strategy and execution thereof. In return, we offer you an opportunity to be part of a dynamic new team, solve critical business problems while getting exposure to senior leadership and build an attractive career within the Baxter organization.
You will need to be able to demonstrate:
- An inquisitive and growth mindset
- An ownership and accountable mindset
- Strong influencing skills and catalyst for action
Your key stakeholders will be
- GEM SLT
- Supply Chain
- Global Functions
Education & Professional Qualifications:
- Market Analysis:
- Conduct comprehensive market research to identify trends, opportunities, and threats
- Analyze competitor activities and industry dynamics
- Data Analysis:
- Gather, analyze, and interpret data to support strategic decision-making
- Utilize statistical methods and tools to derive actionable insights
- Strategic Planning:
- Assist in the development and refinement of GEM strategies
- Work with cross-functional teams to align GEM objectives with overall Baxter and Segment goals
- Performance Metrics:
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to measure the success of strategic initiatives
- Monitor and report on the performance of various business units
- Business Modeling:
- Create financial models and scenarios to evaluate potential outcomes and investments
- Provide insights on revenue projections, cost implications, and return on investment
- Stakeholder Collaboration:
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to gather input and ensure alignment
- Present findings and recommendations to senior management and other relevant teams
- Special Projects:
- Lead / support Special Projects as mandated to STO by GEM President / SLT
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (country equivalent)
- MBA Degree is preferred
- Qualified Chartered or Management Accountant (Local Qualification)
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years experience gained in strategy consulting or transaction advisory or commercial finance roles (preferably, within multi-national medical devices / pharma / healthcare companies)
- Strong understanding of the healthcare industry, in particular medical devices, pharma and providers
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Strong financial modeling and data skills
- Highly advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong communication, both verbal and written presentation skills
- Act with the highest level of compliance and integrity
- Exhibit Baxter's Culture Levers: Speed, Simplicity, Courage, Collaboration
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our .
Skills: Financial Modeling, Integrity, Excel, Analytical Skills, Critical Thinking, Business Acumen, Organizational Skills, Presentation Skills, Communication, Powerpoint, Compliance, Project Management
Experience: 5.00-7.00 Years