Job Title / Role
Team Lead - Fund AccountingAbout The Team - IVP
Indus Valley Partners (IVP) is a leading design & technology solutions provider to Alternative Asset Managers around the world.
Fund accounting team is currently looking for hedge fund accounting specialists to join our expanding team to support fund operations in Noida.
The team is responsible for providing accounting and operational services to its clients, managing their internal books and records, and preparing data for reporting and NAV determination.
- Manage and guide a team of fund accountants and operations associates to perform daily operations/accounting work for clients
- Manage client-relationship, escalations, issues, queries and provide solutions
- Ensure achieving KPIs/ KRAs
- Train the new joinees and Manage daily activities of fund accounting associates by reviewing, monitoring and validating
- Prepare monthly financial reporting package for Hedge Funds, including the determination of 'NetAsset Value' and prepare the Statement of Asset and Liabilities and Profit and Loss Statement
- Hands on experience with all aspects of fund accounting activities related to clients
- Perform daily reconciliation of accounts between Geneva and Custodian/Prime Broker
- Ensure Fund income and expenses, including management and performance fees, are accrued for and are in accordance with relevant accounting standards (Calculation of Incentive Fee and Management Fee)
- Accurate and timely processing of all capital activities including subscriptions, redemptions, transfers, rollups, capital commitments and calls
- Cash Management - managing the daily cash flow of trades and monitoring fund cash-flows
- Preparation of Investor and Client reports including Audit confirmations, Trade confirmations etc.
- Communicate the transactions associated with the fund(s) and work closely with internal and external clients to provide accurate and thorough accounting packages
- Assistance with New Client Onboarding and Implementations
- Provide functional support on client configurations and data loads
- Coordination with Internal/Cross Product Development Team for new features/changes
- Document the current knowledge and the formal procedures to use them in future
- Expected to take initiatives as the manager
- Communication with clients on emails/zoom/phone
- Good Analytical skills and a quick learner
- Excellent Communication skills (Oral and Written both)
- Ability to quickly understand and catch up on details with minimal information
- Should have basic understanding of the domain under consideration, main players, current market scenarios etc.
- University degree or equivalent that required 2+ years of formal studies of Finance/Accounting principles
- Well versed with all financial instruments
- Complete procedural knowledge of fund accounting is a must. Trade Booking, Cash reporting, Exception analyzing, reconciliation of assets and cash, Post pricing issues etc
- Advanced - MS Excel
- Intermediate - MS PowerPoint and Word
Minimum 5 years of experiences as a senior fund accountant or assistant manager or team lead working with hedge funds/Credit funds as clientsMandatory Qualifications
Post grads (M.Com or MBAs) with undergrad in accounting
(CA, CA-Inter, CPA - preferred)
Stakeholders this role primarily needs to interact with (internal and external)
Internal - Technical Team, Cross Product Teams
External - Clients including Hedge, Alternative Investment & Private Equity Funds
Skills: Accounting Packages, Ms Powerpoint, Cash Management, Ms Excel, Financial Reporting, Ms Word, cash reporting , Fund Accounting
Experience: 5.00-7.00 Years