Join our global team for a career filled with opportunities to solve challenges both small and large, local and global, simple and complex.
We are looking for a passionate and result oriented Vessel Accounts Executive
This position will be working with Wilhelmsen Ship Management, a comprehensive global maritime group providing over half of the merchant fleet with essential products and services, along with supplying crew and technical management to the largest and most complex vessels ever to sail. With a pool of more than 9,200 seafarers and over 500 shore-based employees all over the world, Wilhelmsen Ship Management is one of world's largest third-party ship managers with a portfolio of more than 450 vessels and counting.
The position will be located at Mumbai, India. We offer a culture and work environment of strong leadership, career development, work-life balance and a job that is both challenging and stimulating. Our organization thrives by using modern tools and is eager to utilize the business opportunities that comes with new digital tools and skills. Our ideal candidates are looking for new challenges and would like to join a team of experienced professionals who are passionate to grow in one of the world's largest maritime organizations.Purpose
To input and consolidate data, perform reconciliation, prepare monthly financial reports, quarterly budget follow-up reports, attending to queries and assist Team Lead, Accounts and/or Accounts Assistant Manager in any ad hoc task which may arise.Interrelations
Reporting to Team Lead, Accounts and/or Accounts Assistant Manager and closely working with members of group, Global Payroll Team, Treasury Team and Shipping Team. Also having to liaison with vessel Owner, Management Centers in Wilhelmsen Ship Management, Crewing Coordination Centre, Global Procurement Services, Masters of vessels under management, and Manning Agents.
- Communicate with (copy to Team Lead, Accounts and/or Accounts Assistant Manager).
Owners - reply queries relating to monthly reports, supporting docs,
Vessel Managers - accounting matters,
Crewing Coordination Centre - crew related matters,
Master - portage bills and lube oil reports matters (where applicable)
Manning Agents -disbursements related matters,
Procurement Team - Purchasing and invoicing related matters,
Global Payroll Group - wage related matters,
Treasury team -banking related matters.
- To disburse task within the group with the consent of Team Lead, Accounts and/or Accounts Manager when the need arises.
- Post journal entries with regards to:
Manning Agent Disbursement,
Other accounting entries / adjustments related to financial reports.
- Ensure the completeness of the financial checklist prior sending for review.
- Perform fund management to ensure each vessel has sufficient funds to pay committed liabilities.
- Ensure the completeness and timely submission of financial reports to the Owners.
- BFU preparation to clients.
- Preparing funds request to vessel owners and update funds schedule on a monthly basis.
- Posting bank related entries via FEBA for non-open item payments
- Performing vessel bank reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Verifying payroll entries on a monthly basis
- Verifying opening balances of onboard cash acc, provision and bond stores.
- Verifying all purchases made with cash onboard are supported by original receipt.
- Verifying all expenses are supported with proper documents.
- Preparation of requisition forms for payment.
- Posting entries from manning agent disbursement in the accounting system.
- Ensuring expenses are coded accordingly and approved by relevant Crewing Manager, Vessel Manager and Fleet Manager (where appropriate).
- Posting appropriate journal entries (accruals, adjustments, amortization etc).
- Verifying the Gard Insurance distribution.
- Reconciling vessel balance sheet items on a monthly basis - a few examples are given below:
Crew Balance of Wages
Cash to Master
Open P.O. lists
Other balance sheet items
- Verifying figure accuracy in online reporting.
- Performing analytical review before submission to Management Centers.
- Preparing and submitting of monthly reports for vessel owners within the deadlines.
- Ensuring supporting documents are adequate and complete.
- Maintaining a proper filing for financial statements, bank statements, budgets, other correspondence etc.
- Preparing of budget follow up report (comparison of actual against budget figures) where applicable.
- The position will be measured against accurate and timely submission of cash call, monthly report and quarterly budget follow up report
- To ensure that vessel owners and management centres receives prompt reply to queries.
- Degree in accounting and/or finance or equivalent in professional accounting body
- Minimum 1 year working experience in a related field
- Experience in an ERP Software
- Proficient in MS office applications especially MS Excel
- Good command of English
Application deadline: 31st January 2024
Skills: Ms Excel, Erp, Accounting, Finance
Experience: 1.00-3.00 Years