Established in 1984, our company has thrived as a dynamic Export and Trading House with a primary focus on textiles and textile intermediaries. Over the years, our journey has traversed diverse business domains. Currently, we are excited to announce opportunities within our young and rapidly growing Outsourced Services(Knowledge, Business & Finance) division, which was inaugurated in early '23.
Joining our team means becoming a part of an innovative outsourcing powerhouse that tailors offshore solutions for mid-size and mass-market US companies. In this role, you'll immerse yourself in a dynamic start-up environment, leveraging cutting-edge tech systems and processes. You will gain hands-on experience in US Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Tax and Knowledge processes, fostering direct collaboration with our Western counterparts.
At our core, we deeply value our human resources. We are committed to empowering you to enhance your skill sets, cultivate new capabilities, and forge a comprehensive and successful career. Our mission is to provide the impetus and support necessary for your overall growth trajectory. Join us on this exciting journey and be a catalyst for your professional success.Role Description
This is a full-time on-site role for a Senior Executive - R2R at Bright Vision Private Limited located in Sector V, Salt Lake, Kolkata. The Senior Executive - R2R will be responsible for spearheading the Record to Report (R2R) functions of the project. The Senior Executive will ensure accuracy of financial statements, maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts, and implement and monitor internal controls. The Senior Executive will also work closely with other departments to ensure timely completion of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial closing and reporting. This is a on-site night-shift role(US Pacific Timezone). Candidates are requested to apply accordingly. Candidates with notice periods longer than 45 days are requested not to apply. Qualifications
- Expertise in Record to Report (R2R) processes and accounting principles
- Experience in leading and managing a team
- Strong financial analysis and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of accounting software (e.g. SAP, Oracle, NetSuite, QuickBooks, RealPage)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is a plus
- Professional Certification in Accounting (e.g. CPA, CMA) is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Bank reconciliations for 2 primary accounts & 5 secondary accounts - performed weekly, finalized end of month.
- Recording e-payments and cash applications.
- Maintaining Excel based corporate cash forecast weekly.
- Executing some A/R related tasks such as recording deposits and e-payments and ensuring accuracy and strict adherence to SLA & TAT.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements to GL.
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable to GL.
- Reconcile Accounts Payable to GL.
- Maintain Fixed Asset schedules and book purchases, disposals, and depreciation entries.
- Inter-company accounting and passing JEs and AJEs to that effect.
- Assisting with monthly close of the books.
- Other RTR, A/R & FP&A related tasks as & when required.
- Constant vetting of prepared SOPs. Recognizing, diagnosing, and highlighting process & platform inefficiencies to onshore team.
- Preparing internal SOPs for tasks & processes and keeping them updated.
- Ad-hoc projects from time to time as per the requirements of the project.
1. Advanced MS Excel
: Candidate should be competent and comfortable with working on MS Excel. Should be proficient in Advanced Excel Formulas & other excel functions and/or features
2. Comprehension Skills
- Candidate should have good English-language comprehension skills. Candidate should easily be able to comprehend information in English and grasp sufficient & accurate information within a reasonable timeframe.
3. Accounts & Commerce
: Candidate should have a good knowledge of accounting principles (double entry book-keeping, general ledgers, journal entries etc) and General Commerce items like Invoices, Payment Receipts, Credit Memos etc. Candidates should be Commerce graduates or Management graduates with accounting background but having achieved some accounting professional certifications.
4. Communication skills
: Candidate should have good soft-skills, spoken English and email-writing skills. Candidate will be charged with daily direct email communications and video con-calls with the US onshore team and should be adept at communicating effectively in English.
5. Domain knowledge
: Candidate should have a good grasp over intercompany, fixed asset and general ledger accounting.Good to haves (Bonus Points):
1. Experience with accounting tool RealPage which is used primarily in real-estate accounting. It is a reworked version of NetSuite.
2. Previous experience with AP tool AvidExchange.
3. Previous experience working on and with ticketing system FreshDesk.
4. Previous experience in any role/s doing real-estate and inter-company accounting.
5. FP&A experience in any of their past roles
Skills: Domain Knowledge, Communication Skills
Experience: 3.00-5.00 Years